style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owed Parcelforce £2100 after I failed to defend my case against them (lost goods worth a fortune).

An agreement to pay to the County Court I defaulted on by mistake, so of course it goes to High Court without my knowledge.

Sherforce turned up 3 weeks ago, the £2100 was now £3000 as they had added £900 of their own costs.

I paid £1200 instantly to them and they took my card details to take £400 a month to clear the debt. All happy I thought.

Today, 3 weeks later, they come again, now I owe them £3500 that is AFTER the £1200 I already paid is taken into account!

Sherforce had added £2300 to the original debt. Is this legal? There was no breakdown of fees with the guys paperwork.

Can they charge to come twice? Especially after I had paid £1200 and set up a payment agreement with them (they say Parcelforce rejected the plan).

You need to SAR Sherforce, it will tell you at what stage all their costs were incurred and also on what date they informed Parcelforce of your offer and its result.

Here's an example of what to send them:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Date

Dear Sir

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir

Please supply a complete list of ALL the data held and used by you that relate to Mr XXXX. It is also to include third party information held with all other agencies.

Additionally where there has been an event in the account(s) history during the period accounts have been placed with you that have required any manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have been caused or resulted from that manual intervention.

I would like to bring to your attention data can be held in written information, e-mails, electronic documents, photographs, CCTV images, telephone conversations and include any recorded or written opinions about me/us and any recorded or written intentions and action taken regarding me/us.

I/We would like this information to be sent to my/our home address as listed above. You have 40 days in which to comply.

To satisfy payment to supply this information I/we enclose a fee of £10 this payment must not be used for any other purpose.

Yours sincerely

A Peeved Debtor"

I always advise supplying the fee by PO as it keeps your bank account details out of the way. I would also say you should cancel your card you used for payment ASAP as you never know when or if they will decide to take any payments whether you owe them or not.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]