Apex DCA - new approach by "personal case handler"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Every day something else comes along.

My £10k Yorkshire bank credit card is now with National Australia Group and being chased by Apex.

They haven't been able to supply a legible CCA so we are in dispute. I wrote to them an asked for a legible copy but they haven't responded.

They are now threatening legal action unless within 10 days, I contact my "personal case handler who will oversee your account during the litigation process" (or another member of the team).

Their letter says : "Your case is being processed and may be passed to our solicitors in 10 days time."

Has anyone got similar experience with Apex?

Do they mean it, or is this just another tactic?

Rocky

Their letter says : "Your case is being processed and may be passed to our solicitors in 10 days time."

Do they mean it, or is this just another tactic?

As the letter says, MAY be passed, just another scare tactic to get you to phone them.

Did you send the account in-dispute letter to whoever you CCA'd and by registerred post?

8 Guests - quiet day at Apex then :)

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

As stigman say lots of ifs and mays all designed to make you ring them. You have sent them the account in dispute letter it,s now up-to them to take the next step if they take any.

If/when they contact you again post up removing personal data and the experts will comment. If they ring just say you are not answering any security questions and all further comunication must be in writting.

dpick

Hi there,yorkshire bank are part of the national australia group however apex are a debt management company (debt management company of the year 2009 lol) apex have bought this debt from the yorkshire bank,because thats what they do,buy debts ata fraction of their true value then attempt to get as much back of the origional debt as they can making a tidy profit,to be honest i couldnt see them having the origional agreement.

Hi Newstarter,

That is useful information about Apex as DCAs rarely tell you debts have been acquired.

Some DCAs buy debts and others just work for the original creditor.

I will stick to my guns and make them produce a legible copy of CCA.

Panther12, don't worry, you might get a personal case handler as well one day. At least I have his name!

Thanks,

Rocky

Hi all,

This debt of £10,000 that Apex are chasing is from an old A&L Credit card.

They have supplied a CCA but I am asserting that it is illegible and disputing it.

I wrote saying that it was unenforceable and they have written back with this answer:

Firstly we would like to draw your attention to the date of which you entered into the agreement; 1996, denoting our obligation to fulfil your request under CCA 1974 and not the terms prescribed in that of the amendments of the CCA 2006.

Therefore, under section 78 relating to a regulated agreement for running-account credit, the credit limit is not a requirement under (b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

At the point of entering into the agreement, the amount payable would have been nil, You will find the rate of interest and repayment details in the terms and conditions enclosed.

For these reasons we refute your claim that the agreement is lacking any of the terms presribed by the CCA 1974 and under section S127 cannot be enforced.

I asked if they had the original and they haven't answered in their letter.

Grateful for any help please.

Cheers,

Rocky

In today's post, Apex have now threatened "to send a field agent, to discuss repayment of your debt" what happened to my personal case handler?

Can anyone help with the technical speak in their previous letter?

Firstly we would like to draw your attention to the date of which you entered into the agreement; 1996, denoting our obligation to fulfil your request under CCA 1974 and not the terms prescribed in that of the amendments of the CCA 2006.

Therefore, under section 78 relating to a regulated agreement for running-account credit, the credit limit is not a requirement under (b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

At the point of entering into the agreement, the amount payable would have been nil, You will find the rate of interest and repayment details in the terms and conditions enclosed.

For these reasons we refute your claim that the agreement is lacking any of the terms presribed by the CCA 1974 and under section S127 cannot be enforced.

Rocky

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

The Apes have written again in March.

After looking into your account, we are still awaiting sufficient evidence to support your claim that the copy of your agreement issued to you by ourselves does not comply with your request for documents under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Once we receive the requested points, we will be happy to answer your concerns, until then we will no longer correspond any further regarding the matter. (WHOOPPEE!)

We would like to make you aware that you account will resume normal collection activity within 14 days from the date of this letter.

Aw, but you said that you would no longer correspond.

Anyone think of a suitable reply?

Cheers

Rocky

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Still in dispute and didn't reply to their request for me to supply evidence that CCA docs "do not comply with my request".

Got a letter from Apes to say that this account is now being passed for "pre-litigation assessment".

Bull***** probably, but it is a long time since my original dispute so i am jittery, as usual. It enforces the need to keep copies of all letters, and records of correspondence dates are essential.

Going to sit it out.

Will send a dispute reminder letter I think.

Cheers

Rocky

Why are you wasting stamps on Apex. If they were going to do anything they would have a long time ago. Just ignor the fools, wait for the default to drop off and get on with your life.

They are "now assessing the suitability of the account to be passed to our field agent who may visit your home to discuss repayment"

Do they have field agents?

Cheers,

Jack Bauer is the lead role in 24, as played by Kiefer Sutherland.

Sorry.