• Tweets

• i would suggest that you stick to researching on here only. use our search top right for say CTAX or liability order.   you seriously have some wild theories, but those are understandable.   as i have said, there won't be a court hearing you need nor would that help you at all nor are expected to attend, it's not like that, it's merely a rubberstamp exercise .   there is no right of forced entry for bailiffs collecting CTAX debts. the bailiff process is one of a letter which will be entitled Notice of enforcement, this gives you 7 days to pay the sum it outlines with an associated fee of £75 for it being sent. the 2nd step will be a visit, you have no legal remit to engage with them at all, i i would not do so under any circumstances, that visit will add a further £235 fee those are the only things a bailiff can do. the most they can charge is a total of £310.   police do not ever get involved in civil matters like CTAX debt. not sure where you ever got that idea from.   its saturday now so use the W/end wisely, get reading up HERE ONLY it might well pay you on monday to go RING the council CTAX dept and plead poverty etc etc. it might also pay you to find the email address or even better phone number of your local MP and get him involved. they can do wonders.   dx 
    • NPAP see here: VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - no stopping - London Southend Airport ***Claim Dismissed*** - Page 7 - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group
    • Hi Stu and dx1000uk,   I have done the online assessment and as I suspected I already receive the maximum benefits available to me.   Yes I was referring to the fact that some times I know that non-payment of council tax can lead to imprisonment so thanks for clarifying.   let's say I can't make their demands for payment and they do send bailiffs in, I assume these are the type of bailiffs I can just not let in and then after a certain amount of attempts they give up right? does the council then not send the police round? This is what I can't work out and worries me.   The council already know that I am struggling and can't make the payments but when do I get my chance to tell a court or the police that it's not that I don't want to pay but that I can't pay?    Walshy
    • Hi Stu and dx1000uk,   I have done the online assessment and as I suspected I already receive the maximum benefits available ot me. Yes I was referring to the fact that some times I know that non-payment of council tax can lead to imprisonment so thanks for clarifying. But let's say I can't make their demands for payment and they do send bailiffs in, I assume these are the type of bailiffs I can just not let in and then after a certain amount of attempts they give up right? But does the council then not send the police round? This is what I can't work out and worries me. The council already know that I am struggling and can't make the payments but when do I get my chance to tell a court or the police that it's not that I don't want to pay but that I can't pay?    Walshy
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Vehicle Control Services Ltd - Private Parking Ticket

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3278 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

VCS are threatening to take me to Court in today's letter. I was not the driver of the vehicle and responded to their Parking Notice before coming onto this site which gives advice to ignore. I have told them (twice) that I am the Registered Keeper (they got details from DVLA) and that I was not the driver and that I have no legal obligation to give them that information. They have quoted a couple of things like Pre-protocol (huh?) and stuff from the Road Traffic Act that I have to give permission to the driver of my vehicle etc etc... So do I now just ignore today's threat? Has anyone on here actually been taken to Court by VCS, I have read other threads saying there is a 1 in 1000 chance of actually being taken to Court. Any views pls? Thanks for all your help, am a determined beginner...!

wispadog welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

wispadog, your post is OK in this section as it was a PPC invoice you received for parking. Best advice would have been to completely ignore everything from them from the start, but your reply to them has done no harm either. Needless to say you have noticed by now that they didn't take a blind bit of notice when you told them you weren't driving.

On the B*S* side, their threats about court pre-protocol are true, except they forgot to say that pre-protocol doesn't apply to the small claims court where their claim would be heard, so nowt to do with your case. And any reference they make to the RTA has FA to do with private parking tickets, so again totally irrelavent!

From now you should ignore everything they send, unless it is REAL court papers which is unlikely to happen in your lifetime. :)

You have already done more that enough. You have told them that you were not the driver, just the registered keeper. As you said, it's unfortunate that you wasted time doing this but for peace of mind you have done nothing to harm anything.

Thanks everyone for your supportive comments and help. Must admit feel alot happier now! Will get my best ignoring hat out (not my usual style!) and stick it firmly on!! Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have received a parking fine off the VCS for £80 I have appealed against this but they are not backing down the ticket was issued at 21:26 and they have a photo taken of my car at 22:23 in my appeal I said how could he write the ticket when I wasn't there at that time but because of the photographic evidence they refuse to budge and now want payment. I'm not sure weather to ignore this or not what will happen does anyone have any ideas. What gets my goat is the car park (Centertainment Sheffield) was jam packed full there was no where to park at all so I parked up next to a skip out of everyone's way, They want to you to use these services and then charge you £80 which will increase to £120 on the 9th Dec when there's no where to park.

• 10 months later...
Hi I have received a parking fine off the VCS for £80 I have appealed against this but they are not backing down the ticket was issued at 21:26 and they have a photo taken of my car at 22:23 in my appeal I said how could he write the ticket when I wasn't there at that time but because of the photographic evidence they refuse to budge and now want payment. I'm not sure weather to ignore this or not what will happen does anyone have any ideas. What gets my goat is the car park (Centertainment Sheffield) was jam packed full there was no where to park at all so I parked up next to a skip out of everyone's way, They want to you to use these services and then charge you £80 which will increase to £120 on the 9th Dec when there's no where to park.

Hi,

I just got a ticket am pretty sure i parked at the same place as you did, there was no parking in the whole place,

the ticket looks dodgy and i want to ignore it?

Your post seem to be over a year old, did you ignore it as well or what was the result?

kind regards

They sent a few threatening letters saying they where taking me to court. I just ignored everything and it just went away haven't heard anything since Feb 2011.

My advice Ignore all correspondence they will give up in the end.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I just got a ticket am pretty sure i parked at the same place as you did, there was no parking in the whole place,

the ticket looks dodgy and i want to ignore it?

Your post seem to be over a year old, did you ignore it as well or what was the result?

kind regards

I'm curious how did you get on? Have you ignored them?

• 3 months later...
VCS are threatening to take me to Court in today's letter. I was not the driver of the vehicle and responded to their Parking Notice before coming onto this site which gives advice to ignore. I have told them (twice) that I am the Registered Keeper (they got details from DVLA) and that I was not the driver and that I have no legal obligation to give them that information. They have quoted a couple of things like Pre-protocol (huh?) and stuff from the Road Traffic Act that I have to give permission to the driver of my vehicle etc etc... So do I now just ignore today's threat? Has anyone on here actually been taken to Court by VCS, I have read other threads saying there is a 1 in 1000 chance of actually being taken to Court. Any views pls? Thanks for all your help, am a determined beginner...!

My husband is in a similar position as yourself - as this was a few months ago, please can you tell me the outcome of your case. H|e is very worried but loathed to pay their extortion fees.

Thanks, Doreen

Hopefully wispadog will come back, although his/her last post was 16 months ago. What tends to happen is that the poster hears no more beyond a series of threatening letters and hence does not require our services anymore. Anyone receiving court papers would have come back on and asked for more advice, I would have thought. VCS have no case under Civil Contract Law so the likelihood of them taking your husband to court is extremely slim indeed, and even if they did, their chances of winning are akin to wiining the National Lottery. Your husband should relax and ignore these people.