Help Please- JBW Bailiffs charge £200 for letter through door

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am a newbie on here so please excuse me if I am at the wrong place!. I am here to ask for help. I received a pcn. My car at the time was registered to my parents address. They travel alot and for some reason or another didn't give me my mail until the JBW Group stage.

I had received a reminder from Runneymede Council but no court notices. Anyhow received a letter from JBW dated 11th Oct 2010 stating I owe £99.04. Then on 29th October a letter was put through the letter box stating "Notice of Removal" and that I now owed £297.62. A few days later when I actually got the letters from my parents, both my father and myself rang to advise they had the wrong address. My Father had to send proof which he did.

As I am in financial difficulty and at present in receipt of benefits I wrote and explained my situation and offered to pay £50 per month by standing order until the debt was paid. I gave specific dates that money would be in my account.

As the first date passed and no payment was taken I rang the office and asked if they had received my letter. I was told yes but my offer had been rejected. I wouLd have to pay £100 per month. I explained this is not possible and it basicaly fell on deaf ears. I was also advised that the longer I refused to pay the more would be added in charges. I then asked how it had gone up by nearly £200 in 2 weeks and was told this was for a visit to put the letter through the door + VAT.

I have also called my local council who said it is nothing to do with them now. I have written a letter of complaint.

Any suggestions would be great! It seems JBW know I cant afford the amount they have set and refuse my amount so that they can earn extra charges from me.........

They are taking you for a sucker with all those fees, the law sets what fees a bailiff can charge:

£11.20 Letter

28% of the amount you are fined.

the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs)(Amended 2003) Regulations 1993

If a bailiff or other person makes a false representation as to how much you owe, he commits an offence under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006

If you get excuses from the council, tell them you will have the Local Government Ombudsman interevene on the grounds of bailiffs fee irregularity and the council remains responsible for their bailiffs.

Professional property investor and conveyancer