wrong surname - should i pay or there is a chance for escaping that? :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well....quiet embarrasing but that comforting -i am not alone here:)

i was caught for shoplifting -police was involved - i already paid a penalty to police £80

and recently got letter with demanding £137 more for civil recovery.

but the matter is - my surname on the demanding letter is complitely wrong (yeh -there is some resemblance but from 9 letters of surname- 4 are different) not my fault if they can't copy my details correctly.

i even was gouing to throw the letter away .

the question is -can i ignore the letter or they will eventually recover my correct surname from the police?

will the case be really transferred to the civil court?

thanks for your advises and replies.

p.s. in the demanding letter there is an option- if i cannot afford to pay i can contact them , supply some evidences of my incomes-outcomes ,and they "may refrain from pursuiting"

since i am unemployed single mother - what do u think is more wise in my situation ignore the letter or contact them ?

if i contact them -definetly i will need to correct their mistake with my surname , and no any guarantee that they cansel the claim........

Edited by marthara

ok. since nobody replies to my post i will just keep here some records of my actions and what happened next.

today have sent an e-mail to RLP stating reference number but without my signature and name under the e-mail.

In e-mail i have mentioned that - i am unemplyed single mother,

payment of such ammount would cause a long term affect for wellbeing of my child,

this is my first and definitely las one incident.

in conclusion i have asked them to review their claim and drop it. (refrain)

(may be this was a mistake and i shawn them that i received their letter- don t know...... may be if d kept the line "i have not received any letters on my name" would be better. )

Edited by marthara

well....quiet embarrasing but that comforting -i am not alone here:)

i was caught for shoplifting -police was involved - i already paid a penalty to police £80

and recently got letter with demanding £137 more for civil recovery.

but the matter is - my surname on the demanding letter is complitely wrong (yeh -there is some resemblance but from 9 letters of surname- 4 are different) not my fault if they can't copy my details correctly.

i even was gouing to throw the letter away .

the question is -can i ignore the letter or they will eventually recover my correct surname from the police?

will the case be really transferred to the civil court?

thanks for your advises and replies.

p.s. in the demanding letter there is an option- if i cannot afford to pay i can contact them , supply some evidences of my incomes-outcomes ,and they "may refrain from pursuiting"

since i am unemployed single mother - what do u think is more wise in my situation ignore the letter or contact them ?

if i contact them -definetly i will need to correct their mistake with my surname , and no any guarantee that they cansel the claim........

Just continue to ignore the letters for now. Hopefully, they'll stop coming through the letterbox - sooner or later.

As for "may refrain from pursuiting" (should be "pursuing", haha), don't send them anything, including photocopies. That way, they'll definitely have your correct details. Also, thank you for mentioning that bit as it means it is a possible tracking development of current RLP letters and seeing what they're up to now.

More people in this forum will shortly come to the rescue.

Hope all goes well. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

An AnonymousFighter Thread Post Reply

-------------------------------------------------------

Whether you're guilty of a crime or not, the bigger picture is, Retail Loss Prevention (RLP) commits the larger unjustifiable crime.

i was prepared for long term headaiche with all this matter but

SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!

today i got a reply from RLP - (first letter in my surname was corrected but others wrong 3 -are still wrong) hmmm... the questionis -how they realised the mistake in spelling with first letter but not the others?

any way the main point of the letter was "we have taken into consideration the points raised by you and follwing a review of your casefile, we have advised our client to no longer pursue this civil claim"

Honestly , i am very surprised because i ve never sent them any documents or papers prooving - i am on benefits or whats ever....

the only thing i send them 1 e-mail mentioned above....

hmm... guess -happy escaping? :)

good luck to other fighters against RLP on this forum!! and thanks

• 5 months later...

I have received two letters from the RLP so far and my name was also spelt incorrectly! The letter are a bit unsettling and I do worry about just ignoring them as i so often read on these threads. Is it really that simple?

They were requesting £87 but unlike this thread starter, I did not pay any fine to the police at the time.

Would anyone recommend sending an email similar to Marthara? I am currently a university student.

Thanks.