Full and final - Buchanan, Clark & Wells

Fine&Dandy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i emailed BCW offering a settlement figure and put in the following statement

I also request that, if accepted, you will mark any entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "satisfied" in full.

i got this reply from BCW

Your credit file will not be amended by Buchanan, Clark & Wells, this is because any defaults that are registered on your credit file are done by the original creditor, which in this case is Telefonica O2 UK limited. Once the settlement is paid we will contact Telefonica O2 UK Limited and make them aware of this payment.

i want to get rid of this debt but what would will happen to my credit file? will this debt be changed to satisfied? what other options are there?

thanks for any help

Guest Cartaphilus

Nothing to offer but just to watch yourself when offering them a full/final settlement ... In case it should rear it's head further down the line, with another DCA asking for the remainder. ;)

i emailed BCW offering a settlement figure and put in the following statement

I also request that, if accepted, you will mark any entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "satisfied" in full.

i got this reply from BCW

Your credit file will not be amended by Buchanan, Clark & Wells, this is because any defaults that are registered on your credit file are done by the original creditor, which in this case is Telefonica O2 UK limited. Once the settlement is paid we will contact Telefonica O2 UK Limited and make them aware of this payment.

i want to get rid of this debt but what would will happen to my credit file? will this debt be changed to satisfied? what other options are there?

thanks for any help

What will happen to your credit file??? well who knows, the response they have told you gives you no clue as to how it will be marked, therefore if it were me I would not accept this response and would write back stating that I couldnt possibly enter into a full and final without knowing the outcome in regards my credit file. I would further suggest they get in writing details of how exactly O2 would mark the credit file and advise you otherwise the full and final will not be offered.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

i had an email back from BCW - does this sound right?

Once the payment of £203 is made I will issue a letter to you confirming that this settles the outstanding debt and no further payments are due on the account. Any queries that you have with regards to your credit file would need to be addressed by yourself, therefore we would not be able to contact O2 to ask them how they have or will mark your credit file.

I asked who at o2 i need to speak to and was told

If you contact O2 customers services I am sure they will able to assist you with your enquiry.

This can;t be correct can it?

I have to say this would seem to confirm that BCW are acting as agents and chasing the debt and O2 are the owners... have you tried to contact O2 direct and negotiate a full and final... that way you would get confirmation from the horses mouth of what was going on the credit file.

Just a thought tho.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.