MCOL advice? thanks!

adamfernadam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there after using this fantastic site to sucessfully reclaim most of my bank charges with various banks i am now in the process of my HSBC credit card. After all the letters stages and no sucess it was time to issue on moneyclaim. The claim was acknowledged by HSBC and then 3 days later a letter arrived from D&G Solicitors offering me the full amount plus the interest i had claimed for with the acceptance sheet attached. i signed this and sent it back on 16.8.06 but have heard nothing since. i chased it up yesterday to find the women who deals with it has gone on holiday and ignored my answerphone messages. What should i do next? Do i have to wait until she gets back? I would think that the 28 days will be up soon on moneyclaim and so do i just wait til then and file for judgement by default?

Any advice greatly appreciated as i am getting slightly stressed out about it! Thanks alot guys!

HSBC - £1550 recieved

HSBC (2) - £1050 recieved.

HSBC Credit card- MCOL filed

Barclays Current account - MCOL filed

MBNA - LBA sent, 25% offer made.

Paragon Retail Finance - Data Protection Act sent

hi just reading your post,, sorry cant offer advise to you, but maybe u can 2 me.

just about to have my 1st pop at hsbc for bank charges, any advise, which letters n when??

also i have loads of credit cards can i really do the same with them chase them all for money??

dave

hantom.. I have replied to your question re help...and yes go for them all!!!

Adam, I am assuming that the full offer did not include the court 8% and the fee, I would send them a letter stating that as they have not honoured that offer you have had no choice but to continue with the court case and will now expect these amounts aswell..

good luck!

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

Hi there after using this fantastic site to sucessfully reclaim most of my bank charges with various banks i am now in the process of my HSBC credit card. After all the letters stages and no sucess it was time to issue on moneyclaim. The claim was acknowledged by HSBC and then 3 days later a letter arrived from D&G Solicitors offering me the full amount plus the interest i had claimed for with the acceptance sheet attached. i signed this and sent it back on 16.8.06 but have heard nothing since. i chased it up yesterday to find the women who deals with it has gone on holiday and ignored my answerphone messages. What should i do next? Do i have to wait until she gets back? I would think that the 28 days will be up soon on moneyclaim and so do i just wait til then and file for judgement by default?

Any advice greatly appreciated as i am getting slightly stressed out about it! Thanks alot guys!

Try this number for DG. 0121 455 2707

It was given to me by HBC Legal dept, or something like that.

They'll be getting a call from me in the morning!!!

I was in the same boat as you.

Filed my claim at the end of July, received the acknowledgement and then my acceptance letter from DG Sols. Sent that back on the 21/8 and heard nothing. Phoned DG Sols and they are indeed on holiday!

Ring 0845 602 8006 - I got this number from the people at HSBC at the Arlington Business Centre - these are the people that are dealing with getting all the refunds out. I know they are behind as there are so many payments needing to go out and apparently people have gone off on holiday!!! They told me it takes around 7-10 days, when that was up, I rang them again, and got fobbed off, saying they'd ring me back. After another call, this Tuesday, my cheque was apparently going out to me that same day! Still not received it though!!

Dani

Thanks all for you advice.much appreciated! got a letter in the post today stating that my accountwould be credited with the amount in 7 days. thing is the account was closed by me about 6 months ago..will they realise and send a cheque or will it need chasing up AGAIN?

HSBC - £1550 recieved

HSBC (2) - £1050 recieved.

HSBC Credit card- MCOL filed

Barclays Current account - MCOL filed

MBNA - LBA sent, 25% offer made.

Paragon Retail Finance - Data Protection Act sent