Hire Purchase on a Motorbike

Hentooth

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I hope somebody can help here.

In 2007 I took out 2 hire purchase agreements for 2 motorbike, one for me and one for my son, but I paid £1090 towards my bike.

Both me and my wife then lost our jobs, but we continued to pay all the bills from our savings and when that ran out none of our creditors would let us make hardship token payments so we used the last bit of money to make ourselves bankrupt.

But the OR told us he could not intervene with the HP agreements, so I called them and the account manager agreed to take my sons bike back and reduce payments on mine from £71 to £40 per month. And I didn't have to pay anything for collection.

In september a new account manager started and called me, told me I had to make up the overdue difference to the tune of £480, which being on a low income I cannot do, so he said I had to pay £189 per month, which is almost half of our household income.. I told him I had to think and called him back and said for him to please take the bike away and I'd continue payments to cover the overdue bit.

He then said I had to pay £350 (which I don't have) to take the bike away and said he couldn't see why I hadn't been charged before.

I then emailed one of their directors and pointed this out, and the fact that they are bullying an undischarged bankrupt and I would report them to the Ombudsman.

I then got a more friendly call where the account manager said I can pay £87 per month, I agreed to but pointed out that I no longer wanted or needed the bike and that it had sat in the same spot for over 2 months not being used.

I have continued payments, but I'd be surprised if I've been 1000 miles on the blasted thing since I got it, so I really don't need or want it.

Can anyone suggest anything? I'm at the point of using a can of petrol and box of matches on it.

They have had well over half of the money from the original agreement and can sell the bike with a brand new MOT and 12 months tax on it, I just had to redo all that which annoyed me rather a bit.

Gary