Unwanted name change question for MODS ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WHY has my user name been changed from "PPC $cam buster" to "PPC [problem] buster" ?? (ps $ means s !!)

Come on Mods whats going on ???:???:

you made me change it from PPCsR$cammers to $cambuster and were previously happy with that !!! ???

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

About one hour ago, I had a telephone conversation with a lady from West Midlands Trading Standards people - nothing to do with this forum, or parking - it was connected with two "scrams" involving the supply of allegedly "Smart" energy meters, and entries into trade directories..

She asked me to forward any Emails regarding these to [email protected] - so there are some people out there, still "Saying it, as it is"!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

In the past week, at least one rather large and informative thread has been deleted because the subject of the thread threatened legal action.

Which one, I'm all agog?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

can`t use $ to replace S either, seemingly anything that might suggest that the honesty, legality and integrity of the PPC business model is anything less than lillywhite is off limits for the time being, personally I would still just ignore the PPC missives and read some other fictional works for my amusement

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

Hi all.

The main reason threads get pulled if they break the site rules, and it is nearly always due to the fact that the threads, or individual posts, are potentially defamatory.

Unfortunately, due to the horrible laws in the UK - which are massively weighted towards the claimant - we have to be super careful. Even if we had a brilliant chance of success it's a very expensive exercise which isn't something that CAG could stretch to. It's not an ideal situation in the slightest but we would sooner CAG continues than not - and I'm sure everyone would agree there.

Hi all.

The main reason threads get pulled if they break the site rules, and it is nearly always due to the fact that the threads, or individual posts, are potentially defamatory.

Unfortunately, due to the horrible laws in the UK - which are massively weighted towards the claimant - we have to be super careful. Even if we had a brilliant chance of success it's a very expensive exercise which isn't something that CAG could stretch to. It's not an ideal situation in the slightest but we would sooner CAG continues than not - and I'm sure everyone would agree there.

I have heard from the member concerned that the thread is under review.

The shocking thing is that the OP had evidence and the issue affected more than one person.

It is a shame that someone such as Mr. K could run such a shoddy business and then the Consumer Action Group helps him by silencing those who warn of his bad practices.

Fighting for justice isn't usually easy or cheap. But it is well worth it.

It is a wonder this site can exist at all if threads are pulled just because someone shouts defamation!

I have heard from the member concerned that the thread is under review.

Yup, often we might suspend a thread whilst we request further info which demonstrates, from a factual perspective, that the suggested events were indeed correct. The problem with the majority of the threads that get pulled is in the way that people go about announcing their woes. You simply cannot go around saying such a such is the 's' word or so and so is a thief etc. Cold hard facts are much, much better!

It is a shame that someone such as Mr. K could run such a shoddy business and then the Consumer Action Group helps him by silencing those who warn of his bad practices.

I agree, but sometimes an individual's ill-feeling in relation to a situation hinders their ability to post in an objective fashion. I'm not going to say that was the case in relation to the instance you mention, I have not been party to the thread - I simply haven't come across it!

Fighting for justice isn't usually easy or cheap. But it is well worth it.

I agree. Wholeheartedly.

It is a wonder this site can exist at all if threads are pulled just because someone shouts defamation!

Luckily threads of that ilk are very much in their minority.

A big thanks to the Mods, for the new username, PPC $ cambuster, I did try a few other tongue in cheek suggestions but am happy with the new name, we all know how we can drive these PPcs out of business, spread the word that the ignore route really does work and maybe PPCs will go the way that clampers are going to go

Keep up the good work !!