BankFodder BankFodder

caro

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim 2

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2803 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Swift have allways denied paying their brokers a commission without the borrower's knowledge. I think borrowers who purchased their Swift loan through Promise should carefully read the content of the letter below which Sparkie recently received from the Director at Promise.

CommissionPromise.jpg

• Haha 1

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Excellent posting pw....apart from the fact that they imply a 'backhander is paid, the issue is the amount was/is never disclosed.....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi Guys

The line of you are not alone with CAG is such a comfort - new to this but so pleased to have found you.

I had a £6K loan I took over 5 years with Swift but they say 10! Broker I used not about - I have found them unhelpful, rude, threatening, patronising the list is endless - long story short through desperation let it go to a repossesion hearing in hope the judge would see what is happening - he said I should have nothing to do with them and to finish the loan by any means and that was it - their representitive was a weasel and the solicitors have changed 3 times?!?!? I wanted to clear the loan but it is now £17800 on a 6 K loan?!?! Of course tied in now - been making payments but they won't let me pay by direct debit and when I go to do it on line there's a problem their end - my bank can't understand what the problem is - 6K repossesion on my place that is worth £140K - I feel so silly and humilated and have always paid my way! Why haven't they reduced their interest rates? How are they allowed to trade in this way? I have emailed the OFT Debbie - what else can be done ? Can I send the Determination for my case that was 3 months ago? All of you I feel your pain with this company and am in full support of whatever can be done. :jaw::mad2::-(

Hi standup and welcome to CAG. Sounds like you had a sensible judge. What's your situation regarding possession now?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi standup and welcome to CAG. Sounds like you had a sensible judge. What's your situation regarding possession now?

Hello there - well suspended until I pay back the arrears - which won't be long - but to be honest the court process was a complete sham - I need to take time out to go through paperwork, charges, read all the excellent information on here and hope the OFT get their teeth into them - it's so distressing to see people forced into selling their homes or having nervous breakdowns because of companies like these - you would never dream of going to loan sharks but let's face it - they are not far from that!!!! How do they justify their charges? in my mind there is a term to pay over and as long as you pay the money back by then what's the problem?!?!?! 5 10 15 20 years etc the mortgage companies could be like this too instead of just repossesing and making the arrears worse with their charges?! It also worries me greatly that although I took drastic action out of desperation that a the judge realises what they are all about!! Lets hope good news soon!!

Yes let's hope so. Not before time.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi guys have read a lot of post with reference to swifts advances can i ask a question and i no this has allready been said but with all the posts on them and rightfully so can the charges be reclaimed from them i also had a loan done through a financial advisor paid well over the odds but needed the finance at the time eventually remortgage house with the halifax and paid them off i think we had been paying for nearly 2 years but when it came to getting a settlement figure we still owed more than the loan a few grand more and early settlement charges i know this question has been asked before but ca i still claim back these charges

sparky

Yes you can claim back the charges sparky1966. Don't expect them to roll over though. If you haven't done so already, please contact the OFT with your experiences of Swift as a matter of urgency to add a nail to their coffin.

What's Best for You?

Caro..please empty some of your messages as I need to pm u asap. Thanks

All advice is based on my experiences. I am NOT qualified and as such cannot be held responsible for any mistakes. If in doubt...get professional help.

If you like what i have said then make me a star!!

Some helpful links

I have been successful in many cases..here are links to some

Housing Act and deposits: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?266260-Deposit-being-withheld.-Please-advise&highlight=

Against Natwest: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278646-N-west-v-Mrsfoot-s-Son.-***WON_ALL-CHARGES-REFUNDED***&highlight=

Against Swift Advances: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?46576-Me-V-Swift&highlight=

Against B&Q: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?172878-Me-vs-B-amp-Q&highlight=

Done. :-)

What's Best for You?

subbing

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Neither can I now. I know some filming has been done so maybe the announcement's been taken down.

The OFT are still interested in what Swift are up to, but only if it's since their recent determination. Seems their not interested in what's gone on before that now.

What's Best for You?

Neither can I now. I know some filming has been done so maybe the announcement's been taken down.

The OFT are still interested in what Swift are up to, but only if it's since their recent determination. Seems their not interested in what's gone on before that now.

What is their recent determination? To refund all monies hassle free?

Not quite. lol.

They've told them to clean up their act. http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2011/73-11

What's Best for You?

JOHN WEBSTERS RESIGNED !

APPOINTMENT TERMINATED

One down more to go?

Well, when are they going to be exposed on Tv or in the papers?

Great News for one great man, who I am sure will be pleased............................at least we can believe that there is still justice alive and kicking.

I wonder if hes at Barclays with his old friend Tony,

rummer has it hes loo attendant in a well known supermarket he is fully trained at this by now he has been up **** deep lately with other paperwork :whoo: wonder if he will come on and use a stuttering laptop below the bed again

:violin:

BYE BYE JOHNNY, BYE BYE JOHNNY BE GOOD

:violin:

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

"I AM AND STILL REMAIN CEO OF SWIFT"

John boys reply to an email once :wink:

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

Did he jump or was he pushed?

Is his resignation with immediate effect?

What's Best for You?

Swift Advances plc latest update CCA Licence

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Position

NameJohn Webster OFFICER

Bernard Robert Barwick OFFICER

Mr Dennis Edward Myers OFFICER

Mr Robert Alan Rosenberg OFFICER

Mr Sunny Ho Sun Lo Company Secretary

Mrs Patricia Anne Myers OFFICER

Nigel Ingram OFFICER

Simon Woolcott OFFICER

Sunny Lo OFFICER

Terrence Gateley

I've received a letter from Swift today saying they are repaying some of my costs that they over charged me and others between 2004 and 2009. It's part of the FSA investigation rather than my complaint. At the end of the letter they give the FSA web address for us to see how refunds will be calculated. But oops, they wrote the address down wrong. The correct address is fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/swift_1st.pdf

By the way, I've posted on here many times but I've changed my username for this post.

That FSA document: these parts I DO NOT agree on. They KNEW exactly what they were doing, and I truely believe that deep down the FSA knows this as well:

The extent to which the breach was deliberate or reckless

6.6. The FSA has not determined that Swift deliberately or recklessly contravened regulatory requirements. :jaw:

The size, financial resources and other circumstances of the Firm

6.7. There is no evidence to suggest that Swift is unable to pay the financial penalty.

The amount of benefit gained or loss avoided as a result of the breaches

6.8. The FSA has not determined that Swift deliberately set out to accrue additional profits or avoid a loss through the way in which it operated its systems and controls and

14 :jaw:

processes.