Ex girlfriend not paying her debts

awilki01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Ex girlfriend and i used to have a joint debt management plan but when we split i got a new plan organised so i was only paying my debts offs and the joint debts.My ex hasnt paid a penny to her creditors since we split in january and now her creditors are chasing full payments

and some have started legal proceeding against her. We have a joint mortgage together but she doesnt want anything to do with it and wants her name taken off but i cant do this until august other wise it will cost me 5000 to do so (basically a new mortgage). I already have a ccj which is charged to my property (this ccj was for a 12000 loan that i got out for my gf to consolidate debt) My ex has never paid me a penny towards the mortgage or towards paying off the debts. she now lives in ireland and is on benefits and even though i keep telling her to contact them she always has a excuse. im really worried that all her debt will be charged to the property. When we brought the property i put 35,000 of my own money on the property. Her debts are about 20,000. I dont want to loose the money that i have worked so hard for. Can someone tell me wether the courts could charge all of her debts to the property even though she has never paid a penny towards the mortgage etc. Any other advice would be helpful.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I think you may be able to disassociate yourself financially from your ex if the only joint account you have is your mortgage. This link may provide some answers. http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/faq/AR3.html#q518

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.