I Never Signed A Loan Agreement

Chris Quigley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Never Signed A Loan Agreement

Hope I posted this in the right place

I hope some one can help me with this. A few years ago ( about 2004) I had a loan from Nat West for just under £24,000 under unusual circumstances. My wife had an account with them so we arranged an appointmet to see one of their advisers to consolidate variuos bits and pieces. While we had this meeting we asked for my name to be put on my wifes account. The advisor went through all the details of the loan on their computer and it through back a "question mark" on something but she did not know what. This was a Saturday and she told us that she could not deal with it untill the Monday. She took little or no details about me and told my wife and I that she would be in touch. I asked if there was anything for me to sign. She said no and said just to leave it to her. By the Wedensday I recieved, through the post, a cheque card with my name on it and before the weekend I recieved a cheque book and the loan in what had now become our joint account.

Everything went smoothly untill about 12 months ago and we tried to ask for help from Nat West as we knew that we were heading for difficulties but they said it was not a problem as we had not missed a payment and they would not discuss anything as we had not defaulted and would not untill we did default. I asked for copies of the agreement. I heared nothing from them for some months until we had a letter come through the post from their solicitors demanding £38,000.

To cut a long story short we had to approach a Debt Mangement Company for help who did virtually nothing and Nat West have ended up putting a Charging order on our Property and will be going to court to set a date to force the sale of our property as they are now demanding a reduced settlement figure of £27,000. We have now employed another Debt Management team to represent us on this matter and they believe that they can stop thisand we have been paying a fee of around £58 a month to Natwest through them and no futher action has been taken yet but the Charging order still stands.

I would like to know where we stand with this Debt. Do we have to pay the interest on this? Were we "mis-sold" the loan? Without the agreement I do not kown if we had payment protection. I have emailed their Solicitor requesting a coy of the agreement. I eventually recieved a "Copy" of the agreement which looked like it had been made on Microsoft word with blanks filled in with details showing a PPI which had also been added of which had never been discussed, no matter offered to me. There is no dates and no signiture . I know for a fact that they cannot supply me with a signed agreement as I never signed one and niether did my wife and the agreement is soley in my name.

Any thoughts on this matter or the best place to go for legal help. Please note, we are on a low income and don't think we can afford solicitors fees.

Thanks in advance........... Quigley

Thanks for your respose paul. I not sure without checking all the paper work, but I think the account was sent to Telford but I do not know what you mean by a DSAR. I will try and attach the "Official Copy " of the agreement they sent of which I paid £1 for a required. I hope this helps. I have scrubbed some of the details i.e. address and account numbert for privacy reasons.

Thanks again......... Quigley

ScannedImage.jpg

Please not that on the attachment if you can see it well enough that there is no Date and no signature of any kind.......Quigley

Pictures too small to read. Can you post a larger one with the terms and conditions?

When did they supply the copy agreement?

Send them the letter below with a tenner.

To

The Data Controller or Data Compliance Officer

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: account no ********

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

This Subject Data Access Request is made under sections 7, 8 & 9 of the Data Protection Act 1998, and by virtue of the Data Protection (Subject Access) (Fees and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2000 ( S.I.No 191).

I hereby request that you supply me with all data that you hold. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following: -

1 The original signed, executed Consumer Credit Act*agreement and any terms and conditions that applied at the time the account was opened.

2 Transcripts of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, to and from or by any previous creditor.

3 Where there has been any event in the account history over this period, which has required manual intervention by any person, I*require disclosure of any indication notes, which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention.

4 True copies of any assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that may have been issued*sent*with a copy of proof of postage that you hold.

5 Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including any title indemnity insurance contract terms and conditions, the date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6 Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7 Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said charges were levied.

8 A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data*as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 and any consent that I/we*may have given to those uses

9 A list of third parties to whom you have disclosed my/our personal data including Credit Reference Agencies and, a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed, the reason for this disclosure.

10 Copies of any statements of account for the agreement from its inception, not a record of payments*

*Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, lease provide a declaration signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data, and the reason for the destruction.

11 Full hard copy print outs of my/our personal and financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage systems/devices/locations.

12 Full copies of transcripts of any correspondence in postal, e-mail or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

13 Details of any third party with an interest in the account.

14 Full details of any securitisation(s) that any of our account(s) have been*or are involved in

15 Full details of any assignment(s) Legal or equitable copies of proof of posting of any notification allegedly given, if given

*16 Any other information that you hold with regards to me/us*and/or our account.

17*A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to all account and applications made by me/us to and with your organisation.

Enclosed is the statutory maximum fee for this request of £10.

You have 40 days in which to comply. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity please let me know by return.

However please note that the above address is the one which has*been used to make any and all communications with me/us with regards to my/our account information from you which has been* hitherto found acceptable.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISTAION REPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE.

Yours sincerely

Edited by paulwlton

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 3 months later...
Pictures too small to read. Can you post a larger one with the terms and conditions?

To

Dear Sir or Madam

This Subject Data Access Request is made under sections 7, 8 & 9 of the Data Protection Act 1998, and by virtue of the Data Protection (Subject Access) (Fees and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2000 ( S.I.No 191).

I hereby request that you supply me with all data that you hold. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following: -

1 The original signed, executed Consumer Credit Act*agreement and any terms and conditions that applied at the time the account was opened.

2 Transcripts of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, to and from or by any previous creditor.

3 Where there has been any event in the account history over this period, which has required manual intervention by any person, I*require disclosure of any indication notes, which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention.

4 True copies of any assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that may have been issued*sent*with a copy of proof of postage that you hold.

5 Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including any title indemnity insurance contract terms and conditions, the date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6 Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7 Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said charges were levied.

8 A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data*as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 and any consent that I/we*may have given to those uses

9 A list of third parties to whom you have disclosed my/our personal data including Credit Reference Agencies and, a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed, the reason for this disclosure.

10 Copies of any statements of account for the agreement from its inception, not a record of payments*

*Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, lease provide a declaration signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data, and the reason for the destruction.

11 Full hard copy print outs of my/our personal and financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage systems/devices/locations.

12 Full copies of transcripts of any correspondence in postal, e-mail or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

14 Full details of any securitisation(s) that any of our account(s) have been*or are involved in

15 Full details of any assignment(s) Legal or equitable copies of proof of posting of any notification allegedly given, if given

*16 Any other information that you hold with regards to me/us*and/or our account.

17*A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to all account and applications made by me/us to and with your organisation.

You have 40 days in which to comply. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity please let me know by return.

However please note that the above address is the one which has*been used to make any and all communications with me/us with regards to my/our account information from you which has been* hitherto found acceptable.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISTAION REPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE.

Yours sincerely

thanks for posting this, no one in their right mind should bank with that bank NatWest there are just Rubbish with a capital R, do not engage with a telephone conversation with this twatty bank, you will be making a mistake!!!!!!!!! send letters and emails by recorded delivery and make loads of photocopies when posting.

Never ask for statements, specifically request a list of transactions

If you do ask for statements you may be charged £10 a time, and over six years that’s £720, yet asking for a list of charges should be fine.

40 Days to comply or seek remedy fronm the information comissioner!!

Don't have it

• 2 weeks later...

To

Dear Sir or Madam

Yours sincerely

You Guys are super amazing!!!

Guys is this true that if they do not respond to this in 40 days you can report the bank to information commisioner http://www.ico.gov.uk/

Never ask for statements, specifically request a list of transactions

If you do ask for statements you may be charged £10 a time, and over six years that’s £720, yet asking for a list of charges should be fine.

40 Days to comply or seek remedy fronm the information comissioner!!

Don't have it