Moving out issues/queries

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon all,

Myself and my partner are moving out on the 5th of December. Originally our contract was and still is our landlord. He has now decided that a 3rd party letting company should do handle booking us out and arranging our deposit.

This is where my worry is. As I am aware our contract is with our LL and not with anyone else, are they are to just hire a 3rd party company to take over the propery and we have to deal with them?

Our deposit, the letting agency are now becoming very frustating to deal with. I would like our deposit to be given to us via check or cash on the day we move out. They are saying the landlord has to check over the property and this may be up to a week after we move out. After this time we don't have time control over whats happens to the property and I don't like the idea something outwith our control might happen and our deposit is held.

BTW I am in Scotland and I know the rule are a little different here. If someone could answer the following questions I would be grateful.

As our contract is with the landlord as we entitled to only deal with him and not a 3rd party company.

are we entitled to have the deposit when we move out on the basis the landlord has checked everything.

CAB advice is hit and miss in my view.

Im not sure what you are trying to acheive here by frustrating your impending departure?

As far as I can see the LL is perfectly in his rights to let an agent check you out, many LL and agents use 3rd parties to undertake independant check outs.

You shoudlnt expect to recieve your deposit on the day you move out, I would even go as far as to suggest that it is foolish for a LL or LA to do so.

Make sure you take plenty of pictures of the property on your last day to show the condition you left it in.

Im not sure how you intend to enforce your 'not to let them in without the landlord there' clause once you have left the property?

Agree that laws are different in Scotland, but not frustrating your Landlords attempt to check you out by not allowing your landlords appointed agent in to the arrange your checkout, seems more down to common sense than any particular difference in law.

If you consider that by only dealing with your LL you are going to get your deposit back any quicker then I think you are mistaken. Your awkwardness is only like to prolong matters.

Good luck.