Fall in the amount of statutory demands?

MONX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if peopl are perhaps posting elsewhere or if there has been a dramatic drop in the amount of posts regarding statutory demands.

Anyone else notice?

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

They seem to come in waves ........ proberbly when DCA's 'aquire' a new batch of clients

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

I just thought that perhaps the DCA's were getting the message, it might be a reason for a celebration!:whoo:

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

We can but hope sCo_hmmthink.gif

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Monx, I had noticed this too....!! I wonder if the OFT had ordered a 'certain' company to stop !!!!

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Indeed – 42man, you must be getting very bored with so few SDs to deal with!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I've noticed it too - but there does seem an increase in debt collecting letters quoting Carey and another case as reasons not to give out paperwork....

Charging Orders seem to be on the increase though as a result - and the mention of Tomlin orders being signed the day before court seems to be increasing - I've advised a colleague against a Tomlin order, they went to court on Monday and I heard today they won, with costs awarded to them of £2,000 (incorrect recording of a closed Welcome account - recorded as being unpaid for 6 months when final payment had been made). Welcome took THEM to court for not paying what they were not entitled to collect - very sorry junior solicitor apparently left with tail between his legs.

may soon be a wave of new lowells demands out soon according to the Crudit toady web site

seems lowells have conned some banks into financing some new portfolio debts to the tune of 100mil

including a couple of well known taxpayer funded banks

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)