sale of goods act - out of warranty repair

welly_59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all im hoping for some help advice and feedback on my problem. I bought a projector from dabs 15 months ago for close on 500pound which has now developed a fault. The warranty on the item was for 12 months. I was in email contact with dabs who said that they wouldnt do anything unless i had a report from the manufacturer stating that it was an inherent fault. I contacted the manufacterer but they were nit willing to do so. I then sent dabs a letter stating i wish to recieve a repair under the sale of goods act as the item should last a reasonable length of time and if needed i could obtain a report from an independent expert in regards to the fault. I recieved no reply to this so have just sent them a second ketter restating the facts and notifying them that this is the second letter and i will take further action if it is not resolved.

What should my next steps be after this? Any advice would be great

Get an independent report done on the item. You will have to pay for this but can claim it back later from Dabs.

If the fault is a manufacturing fault and not one caused by mis-use then Dabs will have to repair/replace or offer a part refund.

At the moment Dabs are calling your bluff and hoping you do not know the law. This makes for a shoddy company.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I think as you have informed them twice you must follow through with the indepent inspection copy it and send it to them. I would insist with DABS that it has not lasted for a reasonable period of time. Then if you get no reply find the small claims web site and start action do not forget to add interest and admin, you must add admin charges from the start and make them clear. hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Get an independent report done on the item. You will have to pay for this but can claim it back later from Dabs.

If the fault is a manufacturing fault and not one caused by mis-use then Dabs will have to repair/replace or offer a part refund.

At the moment Dabs are calling your bluff and hoping you do not know the law. This makes for a shoddy company.

Hi, when I have challenged any defect whether in or out of warranty I stipulate that under the sales of goods act 1980 (I think its this date) I have the right to buy goods that are fit for purpose and should last an reasonable amount of time through normal usage. I would explain this to Amazon and give Amazon 2 weeks to come to a solution or you will consider further action through the small claims court. Give them the two weeks then straight away send them a letter stating that you are sorry that you feel that they have had enough time to deal with the matter but have not received an amicable agreement so you will be taking further action through the small claims online. Do not give in and always record delivery your letters then they will know you are serious. Gl

you

are not