style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have read the stickys and think i know the score here but can someone confirm the following for me please?

Rossendales chasing council tax of £1258.00

Visits address and for First visit he charges £24.50

Debtor pays council direct £500.00, then rings bailiff (he is annoyed at the payment being made direct to council which is funny) the following day and makes arrangement to pay at £200.00 p.m which the bailiff says is fine and will drop payment slips though door shortly.

Bailiff returns on second visit and posts payment slips through door and same time levies on car on drive, and his paperwork states £60.00 for the levy and £18.50 for second visit.

Are the above fees legit?

P.S Warning: Rossendales ask anybody who calls them their / date of birth/ occupation/phone number and will tell you the local authority ask them to get this info. This is NOT true according to the councils and none of the information is relevant in collecting council tax so don't give it to them!

Have you checked with the Council how much the Liability Order is for, how much is still outstanding and when they passed it to the Bailiffs. Of course he was going to come back as the 1st Visit fee was never going to make him rich, however in his excitement to race back to you he appears to have made the cardinal sin of charging a 2nd Visit Fee of £18-00 not £18-50 and also charged a levy fee at the same time, silly boy must have forgot he can only charge one or the other and not both. Please note he will come back again on some pretext and charge you an Attendance to Remove/Van fee of guess £150.

May I ask how old and how much your car may be worth? Is it on any finance?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what a idiot!!!! wasnt allowed to say Piers Morgan

Get a complaint sent into the chief executive asap, You are paying the debt what did he need to come back and do a levy, oh yeah he trying to recoup his losses by not getting round quick enough to charge you this in the first place.

Thanks PT

The liability order was for 1258.00. It was passed to the bailiffs at this amount.

Car worth 4-5k and no finance. Rossendales people speak in riddles on the phone why don't they just play a straight game? Fools, like the rest of the bailiff industry.

The liability is paid in full but we will tackle charging levy fee and 2nd visit fee and get that back, and yes why levy when the debtor calls and agrees payment plan? Just to line the 'ol skyrocket eh? Mr Clark of rossendales will be sorry for his silly boy games.

Where can I find the written legislation on collection of council tax, so I can quote this?

I wanna become an expert.

And what the hell is all this "[EDIT - PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL ABUSE]"

malarky all about????????

I think this is the original

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/3008/contents/made

Many of the Councils have a description of what or how to descibe them, this one appears to be pretty good:

http://www.wearvalley.gov.uk/media/pdf/2/h/cs231105a_item9ii_1.pdf

The thing you have to be careful of is that although you say it is paid in full now, was this done before he came back and levied? Otherwise as said before he cannot charge levy fee and Visit fee at same time. Ask for the breakdown.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]