fit note and jobseekers allowence

selinajayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and i are in receipt of income support with national insurance credits because we have a young baby and my husband had a failed operation on his elbow so cant work. His doctor keeps signing him off and his fit note is due to run out.

If she signs the form may be fit to work , with suggestions, will he be able to get jobseekers untill he finds a suitable job or not because he's not fit to work in all aspects

If the GP says that he is fit for work then he could claim JSA with you as a partner (a couple claim). He would stll be able to argue that he may have restrictions of work and this would be discussed at the new claim interview where it would be hoped that certain restrictions could be agreed.

If these restrictions are too limiting then it could be a problem. They look at what he could do, what he has done before and how these restrictions could affect his jobsearch.

You could claim for JSA with him on your claim if this did happen.

i spoke to the jobcentre and they say you have to be fit to work completely. when he's on his painkillers he wont be able to work and so he wont be entitled to jobseekers or income support because in theory hes fit to work

so we arent entitled to anything is that right

i spoke to the jobcentre and they say you have to be fit to work completely. when he's on his painkillers he wont be able to work and so he wont be entitled to jobseekers or income support because in theory hes fit to work

so we arent entitled to anything is that right

People in receipt of short term benefits based on an illness or incapacity (that is, Incapacity Benefit, ESA or Income Support paid on that basis) can submit fit notes that say "may be fit subject to the following" and still be entitled to their benefit. I made a post about this here around the time they were introduced.

If he stops getting IS because he's considered to be fit for work (and, as I say, merely having a fit note that says "may be fit" is not enough to establish that fitness for work) then under no circumstances should he be denied JSA on the basis of being unfit for work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.