Suggestions for appealing PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't hold out much hope, but feel I have nothing to lose .

I received a PCN when I had a job in Hornsey today. Parking restrictions are in force between 10am-2pm. I came out from work at 10pm and duly bought my ticket at the machine and correctly displayed it, so was surprised a little while later to find I had a PCN attached to my screen. Only then did I realise that the side of the road I had parked was resident's only between those times, and I should have been on the other side, residents OR pay at machine.

I obviously can't argue that I was in the wrong, but am hoping that the authority will overlook the matter if a polite grovelling letter is sent. The residents bay was not in use at all by any other cars and I was therefore not denying anyone their legal right to park there. Also, being on the wrong side of the road was not causing a hazard or obstruction in any way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Apologies if I am stating the obvious - but you can and should appeal by writing to the Council in question as follows:

"I received a pcn when I had a job in Hornsey today. Parking restrictions are in force between 10am-2pm. I came out from work at 10pm and duly bought my ticket at the machine and correctly displayed it, so was surprised a little while later to find I had a PCN attached to my screen. Only then did I realise that the side of the road I had parked was resident's only between those times, and I should have been on the other side, residents OR pay at machine.

I obviously can't argue that I was in the wrong, but am hoping that you will cancel the PCN on this occasion, as a genuine mistake had been made."

It may help if you were working in a residents property:wink:

Not without a permit it would'nt.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Yes I Know SS but I thought it may help in the mitigation offered by Jamberson

well it costs nothing to appeal so worth a try. The OP might post some pics up or give us the location so we can see if there is anything wrong with the signage plus the PCN may be flawed.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Can't see that I can argue on the signage or PCN itself. I was working for a company in that road (Spears Road) and actually parked right next to a sign that said 'residents only' between 10am and 2pm. It was just human nature that I parked up on the left hand side of the road and looked across at the sign on the other side as that was the one I could see out of my window (I was running a bit late when I got there). Did get a nice picture that shows I was the only one parked down that side. Residents were probably all at work elsewhere !