Sale and Supply of Goods Act? Advice needed!

Bhuna76

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would I be correct in the assumption that, until you reach the end of your sky 12 month contract, Sky actually 'OWN' the Set Top box and Viewing Card? (Under a Credit agreement, Goods remain the sole property of the supplier until all the money due for the goods/service is paid). If this is the case, when your contract is up and you take ownership of the Sky Box and Card, shouldn't you get a 12 month Warranty? My best friends contract is about to end and Sky are trying to persuade him to take out insurance on his Three Sky+ boxes in case anything goes wrong with them. To the tune of approx £100 for 12 months! Any advice on this would be welcome!:|

Sky maintain the warranty on the equipment for 12 months that they supply. The viewing card always remains the property of sky.

Sky do not themselves offer extended warranty - they only one that they advise on is sky protect from domestic and general/

It isn't sky calling your friend.I would always adv isenever to sign up over the phone with these companies and to ask for the stuff to be sent out as there are hundered of companies offering this service

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)