consumer credit act 1974

Guest jsa12

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have found a useful link to the consumer credit act 1974,this is valuable to court arguments possibly at a later date.in microsoft word.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=18&ved=0CEUQFjAHOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.creditlaw.co.uk%2FDocuments%2FCca1974.doc&rct=j&q=section%2060%20consumer%20credit%20act%201974&ei=ZkfhTNPvOImHhQfsuam2DQ&usg=AFQjCNF1YeihfRqbmLFw3Nw85ht1eGXhkg&cad=rja

a number of early credit agreements the borrower was never given a copy of the agreement,as this clause.

61A – Duty to supply copy of executed credit agreement {8}

(1) Where a regulated consumer credit agreement, other than an excluded agreement, has been made, the creditor must give a copy of the executed agreement, and of any other document referred to in it, to the debtor.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if -

(a) a copy of the unexecuted agreement (and of any other document referred to in it) has already been given to the debtor, and

(b) the unexecuted agreement is in identical terms to the executed agreement.

(3) In a case referred to in subsection (2), the creditor must inform the debtor in writing-

(a) that the agreement has been executed,

(b) that the executed agreement is in identical terms to the unexecuted agreement, a copy of which has already been given to the debtor, and

© that the debtor has the right to receive a copy of the executed agreement if the debtor makes a request for it at any time before the end of the period referred to in section 66A(2).

this rang a bell when i was speaking to a debt advisor over another debt and mentioned this another,she stated that i should have been given a copy and thought no more of it until i read part of this act.

its something to bare in mind with old agreements that the way they have been presented needs looking at too,as in prominence of one part over another such as what appears to be older midland/hsbc.