Game of Marbles...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

A very quick update (don't have a home pc at the mo').

Marbles have chosen to respond, but their response has left me stumped...

They've basically chosen to ignore PriorityOne's excellent tome completely :| and to cut a long story short, they've told me they've done what they can, that's their final response and to make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman.

I don't have their letter with me today, but will try and post it up tomorrow. Maybe it will make sense to the more 'seasoned' Caggers amongst us!

Needless to say, I haven't responded...yet.

Ah well, back to the grind stone.:wink:

ftc.

p.s. is it a new 'fad' to print all correspondence on a blank sheet of cheap A4 paper that contains no letter head or company details? Is this a ploy in case it ever goes to court (whereby they can claim that it wasn't written by them because it is not on official letter headed paper)? The letter looks like it's been run off on a home ink jet printer by a random member of the public!

Or am I being too suspicious...

They've basically chosen to ignore PriorityOne's excellent tome completely :| and to cut a long story short, they've told me they've done what they can, that's their final response and to make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman.

This is quite common; rather than give a direct answer, some companies prefer to fob you off with an explanation that dances round the issues..... and then say they're not going to talk to you anymore.

Well, if they're not going to talk to you anymore..... how are they going to ask for payments? Wait for their next piece of drivel before responding....

p.s. is it a new 'fad' to print all correspondence on a blank sheet of cheap A4 paper that contains no letter head or company details? Is this a ploy in case it ever goes to court (whereby they can claim that it wasn't written by them because it is not on official letter headed paper)? The letter looks like it's been run off on a home ink jet printer by a random member of the public!

Or am I being too suspicious...

Strange.... :???:

I would say you are at a standoff they have not answered your letter so I would just wait until they send you something that you have to answer, you only have to wait 6 years and it's statute barred, though I think you may receive some more drivel before then.

dpick

Good morning fellow Caggers!

Thank you all for your advice. I attach a copy of the letter from Samera Mahmood (Customer Relations) but as bbnb points out - ??? No letter head, official heading, nada!

Also Samera helpfully points out that ..."full details of the Ombudsman service was also enclosed in my previous letter." Really? Seeing as she has not previously written to me...it's like being in the twilight zone.

Oh well - happy reading guys! It'll take you all of 2 mins.:roll:

Computer says 'no'! Sorry won't allow me to attach pdf. I've re-typed below word for word (believe it or not)! :!:

Customer Relations

PO Box 761

Leeds

LS1 9JF

29 July 2011

Dear findingthecheese

Our reference...

Account number...

I am writing in response to your letter of 25 July 2011 regarding your credit card agreement and will respond to your concerns below.

In signing the credit card agreement, you gave their agreement and consent to the processing of their information. It is clear that by signing the agreeement, the customer agrees to their data being used as set out. This is also in compliance with the Data Protection Act. As a credit file is a true reflection of the conduct of an account, we have reported the conduct of the account accordingly.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives people the right to see, a copy of the information a Credit Reference Agency holds about them. If your client/you want to see a copy of this information please write directly to the Credit Reference Agencies at the addresses below enclosing a cheque for £2 per agency made payable to Experian, Equifax or CallCredit Plc and providing the relevant agency with all their addresses over the last six years and any previous names together with their date of birth.

I can confirm that this represents the Bank's final response and regrettably having re-considered all aspects of your complaint there is nothing further I can add.

We will not enter into any further correspondence regarding this matter and as we have been unable to reach a mutual agreement, you could now refer your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Services.

A leaflet providing full details of the Ombudsman service was also enclosed in my previous letter.

Yours sincerely

Samera Mahmood

Customer Relations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi folks!

A very quick update.

The phone calls continue (which I continue to ignore), and now Marbles have started applying interest to the balance (has now gone up by over £50 and that's just for this month). I've also received 2 threatening 'MAY' letters informing me that they 'may' set a DCA onto me and that they 'may' take me court. Marbles have also said that they intend to contact credit reference agencies and tell them what a naughty debtor I am.

I continue to ignore...

ftc.

• 9 months later...

Hi fellow Caggers!

Another quick update.

Have received a letter from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd informing me that Marbles has "...assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest...".

It goes on to inform me that they will instruct Lowell Financial Ltd to contact me about paying.

Do I ignore or respond?

Thanks guys!

ftc.

4 threads on same debt merged.

What does your CRA file say about this debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so the debt is listed twice?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then you need to complain to the cra's

dx

and they