Jump to content

Wages Arrestment - Council Tax - Alex Adamson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hoping someone can help me please.


We owed lots of arrears for C.T. We have been repaying this religiously over several years - never missing a payment.

Due to changing my bank account, I emailed Adamsons to advice them of the new Bank Account. I mistyped an extra digit when I informed them. Rather than them emailing me to say " 9 digits- too long- please check! " they scrubbed off one of the zeros from the beginning of the acc number. ( standard practise according to the manager I spoke to today). On 4th November they sent a letter accepting all the new ( wrong ) bank details. I received the letter on the 8th November. On the 9th November , when the bank account naturally failed to validate, they issued an Earnings Arrestment Schedule to my husbands employer, we received notice of this on Saturday 13th November. I have been on the phone all morning pleading my case with them, but even though they accept that this was a genuine typing mistake, they are refusing point blank to revoke the order , unless my husband's employers threaten to sack him as a result of this. We are already paying them as much as we could possibly afford, this arrestment will be double what we were paying before, and we have already cut back in every single way we possibly could - there is no room for manouver in my budget..

As per their procedure, I have written to their " Quality Manager" by way of appeal, but have already been advised by the Section Manager that I spoke to this morning, that there is no way he will over turn this decison. Can anyone advise if there is anything else I can do?

I feel very hard done to , but I must also accept that it was my own stupid fault in mis-typing.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post. Best Wishes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

also remeber that you only have to pay what is taken via the wages arrestment no matter how many years arrears you have - if you cannot afford to pay anything above this as a voluntary payment towards other years accounts they will just be back looged untilt hey current wages arrestment has been paid.


here si the table onhow to work out what can be taken



Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...