Disability medical and drug testing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps, My wife suffers from ME, Fibromyalgia and IBS. she has been suffering for 10+ years. when the pain is to bad my wife likes to eat a little Cannabutter (cannabis melted in butter).

It helps with her pain and also gives her a very good nights sleep.

But were very worried about the medical she will have to endure to claim for disability. Do they drug test people? Has anyone been drug tested themselves at this medical ?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS. my wife is not a druggy. she only eats it once or twice a week, and only when the pain is unbearable.

thankyou.

Hi Kajun. The medical assessment is not like other assessments; no physical examination or testing takes place. It's basically a Q and A.

Has your wife recently discussed pain management with her health professional? There may be other ways that they can help with the pain free of charge on the NHS.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi Kajun. The medical assessment is not like other assessments; no physical examination or testing takes place. It's basically a Q and A.

Has your wife recently discussed pain management with her health professional? There may be other ways that they can help with the pain free of charge on the NHS.

Thankyou for your reply, Yes my wife has been on prescription medication for over 10 yaers shes been on some very strong painkillers in the past. Problem is they always give her horrible side effects. So she limits the pain killers to when she really needs them. Cannabis butter is the only pain killer she gets no side effects from. she was jsut really worried that she might be drug tested in the medical. thankyou for clearing that up.

Peace