Sequenci's official Ashes tour of Australia thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I woke up to a MUCH better score than I expected. Nice to read ponting got caught early, I'm guessing he'll go after this. Looking forward to the highlights later - looking forward even more to watching some of it live this very weekend :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great batting by Strauss and Cook, sets up a fascinating last day..............shall I stay up all night?

or will that jinx us??

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

a real record-breaker

500-1

1st three England batsmen all scored centuries

Highest partnership on the Gabba ground

and generally, I would say, it was a winning draw for England, they should take more positives out of the match than the Aussies

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

starts all over again just about this time tomorrow..............lets hope we can make the big score in the first innings this time round!!

Freezing in the depths of winter and following the cricket.

Is it just me or is there something not quite right about this.:wacko:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I see the 'weak link' was at it again though. I'm enjoying this ashes series. Been a cricket fan for as long as I can remember and I can easily recall what's happened to us at the hands of the Aussies over the last 25 years or so. It's good to see the boot on the other foot for a change. I really like the look of this England team, especially with Strauss as Captain. The backup bowlers aren't bad either - made very light work of Australia A.

The only problem I've got with this series is that I keep waking up in the wee small hours thinking 'I wonder what the score is' I was up at 2.15 this morning listening to TMS. It's not good for me but I can't help myself.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Never been a fan of Test Cricket (maybe that's because I always presumed England would get beat), but watched the highlights on ITV4 last night. Glad I did now, and am getting stuck right into it. If England continue to play cricket better than the fotball team can play football. I might just have to switch my favourite sport. Still can't beat Horse Racing or Formula 1 though. I'd watch them two all day long.:razz:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Never been a fan of Test Cricket (maybe that's because I always presumed England would get beat)' date=' but watched the highlights on ITV4 last night. Glad I did now, and am getting stuck right into it. If England continue to play cricket better than the fotball team can play football. I might just have to switch my favourite sport. Still can't beat Horse Racing or Formula 1 though. I'd watch them two all day long.:razz:[/quote']

I'm not a fan of XFactor, but from the few glimpses I've caught of it, that bloke Wagner sings better than England play football.

Best quote of the day on TMS yesterday came from Vic Marks while Cook and Trott were batting: "They (Australia) bought Doherty into the side to get Pietersen out, but at the moment they can't get him in!".

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Cricket is great when you have Botham like players, but watching Boycott is like watching paint dry.

He's been retired for quite a while now Rebel.

is=was

Boycott is one of those 'love him or hate him' figures. I like him personally, but he is very strident and I can understand quite easily how he can get on people's nerves. At least he's played cricket at the highest level and been very successful at it. You can't say the same about Christopher Martin-Jenkins unfortunately. I like sports commentators to be knowledgeable in a 'been there, done that' kind of way.