Sequenci's official Ashes tour of Australia thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any Cricket fans on the forum?

I cannot wait for the Ashes! I think (for the first time in a very long time) we have a fighting chance down under. I just hope KP steps up to the plate. Hopefully there will be a bit of movement for the bowlers (for once!)

Bring it on!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember some years ago when cricket was on in the pub, Devon Malcolm did a beautiful bowl to get somebody out and all the women present went 'ahhhhhhhh'.... the blokes had a few ripe comments about women's bad taste but he was a lovely looking bloke.

Count me in seq........I think this team has a real chance to beat the Aussies, I think Graeme Swann will be the difference between the sides

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

It reminds me of 2005, we've actually got the firepower to hurt the Aussies, Swann, Broad, Anderson and Finn are a really strong quartet, and I like the look of that lad Shazad as back up, although I don't see Bresnan as an Ashes-quality bowler. Nice to see Cooke and Strauss scoring tons in the last match too

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I can remember some years ago when cricket was on in the pub, Devon Malcolm did a beautiful bowl to get somebody out and all the women present went 'ahhhhhhhh'.... the blokes had a few ripe comments about women's bad taste but he was a lovely looking bloke.

Imran Khan used to have that effect on me, but then he couldn't have been in the Ashes.

Didn't know Wales were in it BB.:razz:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My side wins whatever the outcome 'cos I'm Aussie/Welsh :)

Oi...for the purposes of this thread missus, you should be Aussie, and then we can take the p1$$ when you lose, but you'll get your own back if Ponting's rag-tag army should do well:madgrin:

and, BTW.............I forgot

35-18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have to agree that this is the best chance we've had in the last 20-odd years of beating tha Aussies in their own back yard.

This tour has already yielded more success that the previous tour down under and this time around we have a captain who has proved he's up to the job and a bowling unit which seems to have pretty much all bases covered including that rare commodity of a world-class English spinner.

They just need a few of the batsmen to score some centuries so they have the totals which allows Strauss to set the sort of fields which has helped them deliver the success we've already seen.

I just hope that if we bowl first our first ball is a damn sight better that Harmy's last time around.

Nicely balanced is how I'd describe it at the close of play on Day 2...........with the Aussies ahead on points