Nationwide - court proceedings with reconstituted agreement

Linian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I cannot believe what Esheds/Nationwide are doing

They issued Court proceedings on a Credit Card account with obviously no agreement. They then amended their claim and submitted a RECONSTITUTED AGREEMENT as the real thing.

I know that it's the Carey v HSBC case and am happy to do my homework but with over 3300 posts in the "Dissecting the Manchester test case" thread, where do I start? (apart from at the beginning!!)

Has this dispute/discussion/argument been summarised anywhere please or can anyone point me in the right direction as to the relevant parts of the judgement so I can contest their evidence?

As I've said, I simply cannot believe that they are able to go to Court with a made up agreement - surely its hearsay?

Any help really would be appreciated, thanks

Hi Gunther

Is this your thread? or Liaian?

If the Agreement has been vaired i.e.the interest rate has increased, then the Creditor has to provide a copy of the Original Agreement as well as the Terms and Conditions. This is also from Carey v HSBC (2009), it's summarised in point (4) at the very bottom. Thats a good starting point.

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html

Thank you Rebel for the prompt reply but that's the point. They are saying that the Recon is a "true copy" of the original agreement. I know it isn't cos they sent a copy application form with no prescribed terms

ages ago but are now saying that was just the first page.

I know they are lying - EVERYONE knows they are lying but how do I get the judge to listen?

(this is my thread btw, with help from a good friend)