Philips and Parking Fines

leo3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received 4 letters from Philips regarding 4 outstanding PCNs from 2009. Due to recent redundancy and marriage breakdown these fines had been totally forgotton about. Philips letters say they have passed the account to a bailiff who has been told to call at my house within the next 14 days if I want to call him before his visit I should call his mobile phone number.

I emailed Philips having checked the debt on line as there was no amount mentioned in the letter and the current debt stands at £295 per ticket. In my email I asked for a payment arrangement they have replied that I must deal direct with the bailiff on his mobile number.

My concern is if he attends my house I will be charged for his visit, if I phone him I have no record of the conversation. Do you think I should make a payment via their website or should I call the bailiff. I do not have a breakdown of the charges so do not know how they have reached £295. Anyone out there can advise me?

have you ever had any official court/council papers on this ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I did receive court papers prior to the debt being referred to philips - it was in 2009 so stupidly thought it would be forgotten. Should I phone the mobile number I have been given by philips or should pursue Philips for a breakdown of the costs. Dont want bailiffs turning up and the letter said they would within 14 days.

write never phone

there is a breakdown request text on many posts in the bailiff forum.

if you cant find it ask

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have received 4 letters from Philips regarding 4 outstanding PCNs from 2009. Due to recent redundancy and marriage breakdown these fines had been totally forgotton about. Philips letters say they have passed the account to a bailiff who has been told to call at my house within the next 14 days if I want to call him before his visit I should call his mobile phone number.

I emailed Philips having checked the debt on line as there was no amount mentioned in the letter and the current debt stands at £295 per ticket. In my email I asked for a payment arrangement they have replied that I must deal direct with the bailiff on his mobile number.

My concern is if he attends my house I will be charged for his visit, if I phone him I have no record of the conversation. Do you think I should make a payment via their website or should I call the bailiff. I do not have a breakdown of the charges so do not know how they have reached £295. Anyone out there can advise me?

It is clear that the Philips are attempting to charge "multiple charges" for enforcing more than one PCN at the same time. This matter is the subject of part of a Formal Complaint that I sent to Westminster at the end of July (still unanswered)!!

If there is a dispute regarding bailiff fees, an application can be made to the County Court for Detailed Assessment before a Cost judge who will apply statute and case law to determine the correct fees. In this respect a Barrister who I know issued such an application against Marston Group and District Judge Plaskow said the following:

• “The answer to you is to ask yourself how many distresses, so to speak, have been levied for here. The answer is there can only be one levy and one act of distress. That is seizing Mr. xxxx vehicle and putting it on a trailer with a view to removing it. The background to that is that there were bits of paper (warrants of execution) that said he owed money to, I think, two different councils but that there is only one levying of one distress and it seems to me on that basis I am satisfied”

He further stated that:

• “I consider that there is only one levying of distress. It is in respect of several individual PCN’s and you aggregate the amounts due under those and you apply the formula under (Item) 2 because it does not say “for levying of each distress”... it says for “levying distress”. There is only one distress here....albeit it's for more than one parking ticket

One thing that does spring instantly to mind is WHY the debt for each PCN is £295 as this would assume that a visit had already been made. The CORRECT amount should be £198.16 which would be the cost of the PCN at £180, the TEC court fee of £5.00 and a letter fee of £11.20 plus vat (£13.16).