tiscali / talktalk Metallic Path Facilities issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know what this is? i rang to get my MAC code from talktalk after months of abject service and was told they couldnt provide me with a MAC code as i was on a MPF connection - what on earth is this and how do i change provides on it? is it true i no longer have a MAC code? i did when i joint tiscali years ago as i had to provide one from BT - what happened to it?...

this is the email i got from talktalk:

We understand that you are requesting for Migration Authorisation Code (MAC), and we wish to apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced with us which have prompted you to cancel your services.

We would like to inform you that the phone exchange that supplies your telephone and broadband service to your address uses a technology that means that your broadband, calls and line rental are supplied as an inclusive package in our Tiscali/TalkTalk network. Hence, we are unable to generate a MAC for you.

In this regard, please contact our Cancellations Department on 0845 077 4488 to cancel your services. Lines are open from 8am to 9pm, Mondays thru Fridays, from 8am to 6pm on Saturdays and from 9am to 5pm on Sundays.

Furthermore, if your new broadband provider has requested a MAC to transfer your broadband, please tell them you are on an MPF product and they will advise you accordingly how to set up their service.

We trust this meets your needs, and helps in clarifying the matter.

please help!

Hi Inq

I just moved from TalkTalk to BT Landline and O2 Broadband. They told me that I was on LLU - which basically means that my landline was connected to TalkTalk's own equiptment in the Exchange and not BT's. So depending on who your new supplier is going to be, you might have to get your landline connected back to BT, in which case you don't need a MAC code. Then you can get the Broadband service with a new supplier.

Spot on, contact your new supplier and they'll tell you how to procede.

Basically, if your new supplier can take over your landline, it may be cheaper to go with them for a bundle of landline and broadband. If they don't, you can get line rental thrugh BT and broadband thrugh whoever you have decided to move to.

The downside is there will be some downtime between TalkTalk being switched off and your new supplier being switched back on. (probably a week or so)

If you need any further advice, just ask. Let us know the new company and we'll give you step by step instructions.

Best of luck.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

hi,

thanks for the replies; one question though... though any new supplier charge to have the line changedback? i should have to pay any charge as i never gave permission for talk talk to screw up my line in the first place or did i give them the okay by taking out a broadband only package with tiscali in the first place?

Hi inq

Thats the reason I did it that way. To avoid a charge for a new landline. Originally I was going to have everything with O2. But they wanted to charge for the work they have to do to swap the landline over, around £45.