Personal Accident Claim Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I need some advice, It is a problem with many issues. Some are not relevent to this forum.

I'll give the shortened version or you may fall asleep.

I was hit up the back of my company car, an insurance claim was filed as my car was badly damaged. The other party admitted liability. All seemed well. I never missed a day off work and my employer suffered no detriment. My employer advised me that we have personal injury cover and I was advised that a personal injury claim could be raised, since I suffered a fair amount of pain and a massive amount of inconvinience, sorting out the obvious working weekends, I filed a claim.

My concern is what rights of privacy do I have from my employer?

The Claims Maangement Company have a duty to you under the DPA. However, it would all depend on what you signed to on the form

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Your claim would eventually be passed to a firm of solicitors. As such, you would then become their client. As such, they would have to remain completely confidential in regards to your claim and only communicate with you or others whom you have confirmed they can contact. If they discussed your claim or disclosed personal information to your employers without your consent then you could sue them, report them to the LSC.