Incasso LLp have obtained a county court judgement against me

laurel8902

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.. I am wondering if anyone can please help me. The person renting my fathers property has informed him that a company called Incasso LLP have had a county court judgement issued against me. I no longer live at that address so I have never received any correspondence in respect of any money owing. I know the person who rents my fathers house but instead of forwarding any mail to me or to my father he has returned it and emailed Incasso LLP directly to quite rightly say I do not live at that address and has previously returned mail directly back to them. In response to his email he received an email from Debbie Lee Incasso's compliance officer to say she was investigating his email. The person renting my father's property has now received a letter from Debbie Lee to say she has concluded her investigation and is satisified that her enquiry agents have confirmed I live at that address along with the person renting my fathers property and two other people. One person they have named on the letter passed away in 2004 and the other person is the owner of the property!!! She goes on to say in her letter the information was verified via direct contact with a neighbour of the property (is this method of confirming residence allowed?), recent credit applications ( which I have not made any!!) and data base enquiries. So Incasso will continue to contact me at that address. It goes on to read in addition, these credit applications link her with you at a previous address which i am guessing is when he was dating my daughter several years ago and he stayed with us for a short while. In this letter it also reads that it is Lombard North Central who are their clients. I am persuming this debt is something to do with a vehicle I had financed with Lombard but it was returned to them over a year ago so do not see how I would owe them any money, also I have never received any further communication from them.

I am wondering what to do next. Should the person who received the letter from Incasso reply to the letter to say he rents the house and one of the people who they claim live with him passed away in 2004 and I do not live there and the other named person is his landlord or should he just ignore it. I am worried if they have had a county court judgement issued against me and they try to enforce it with a bailiif attending the property my fathers property will be in jeopardy. I feel so scared about this situation. I do not know how much they are claiming I owe. Should I contact Incasso LLP myself and give them my present address?

I would value any help. Thank you.

I believe he returned mail addressed to me back to an address in Northampton informing them I do not live at that address and through the address window could see the word defendant above my name. A couple of weeks later another letter addressed to me arrived which he opened and was from Incasso LLP saying a judgement had been entered against me which is when he emailed Incasso telling them he had returned the court papers as I do not live at that address which seemed to be an apparant waste of time because they entered a judgement anyway.

I believe the judgement must have been in the last 4-6 weeks. I do not have copies of any correspondence other than the letter that was sent to the person renting my father's property in response to his email which I was given today so had no prior knowledge to what has been going on.