phillips tv under mastercare - one for the techguys - currys

mark1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there everyone.

i have a phillips tv covered under the mastercare plan that was extended this year for an additional year after having a plan for 5 years previous.

the history of the tv is as follows and is now becoming increasingly irritating :-x

when it was purchase back in feb 2004 the tv was installed by currys and upon install was faulty from new.this was taken back to store and sent for repair!!we got it back 2 weeks later(not a new one).

in 2006 the telly developed a fault of sound and no picture(same fault when bought new).engineer came and diagnosed needed new board.this was ordered and they refitted 1 week later.in december 2009 the tv had same fault.same order of events and fortunately this was remedied with the 4 week period and just in time for xmas viewing.:-x

this year i took out the extended 1 year plan and lo and behold 2 weeks ago the tv packed up again with same fault.this time the 'engineer' arrived in the form of 3 lorry drivers from currys? they gave me a form for the collection and it was shipped to southampton (this was a friday).on the tuesday i got a call saying there was no fault upon testing it:!: the tv was then sent back by tech guys on the following sunday.all has been well for just over a week and now it gone gain same fault.!!!!

i cant call them as they are shut sundays.now this happened 4 times can i insist on a replacement? it is obviously a fault that is continuous and they dont seem to have a soultion.

all help would be appreciated before i ring them nonday morning

Hi Mark

Have you chacked the Policy document? What does it say about a replacement? There are quite a few things you can do. But I would see exactly what the policy says first. You should not be fobbed off with having to have if fixed ever so often.

we have chris from tech guys on board here at cag

i'm sure once he sees this post the issue will be resolved.

i'll add for the tech guys to your title so chris sees it

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in the agreement it says a replacement if not fixed within 6 weeks!!they will carry out as many repairs as necessary on the product as needed.if not fixable or parts not available then the replacement issue kicks in!

thanks mate.

just found another customer number and they are coming tuesday to collect/look at tv.

i said i am not happy about the situation and mentioned trading standards.

do you think this will help?

if it is [obviously] a known manu fault then it should be replaced foc

let the techguys sort it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello,

Hopefully i can help or point you in the right direction.

PC Perforamnce, Whatever Happens or Coverplan all cover you for unlimited repairs and will repair your product as many times as need to keep it running until it becomes uneconomical to do so.

Where this doesn't apply is if the fault is recurring, if the same fault happens again within 7 days of getting it back, its classed as the same fault, you would book it again and your 42 day rule would start from when you original booked it. For example.

If you booked it on November 1st, got it back on November 4th, then found the fault was still there on november 6th when you rebooked with you would already be 6 days into your 42 day write off period.

If it misses this 7 day window its classed as a new fault, if it is a recurring fault it has to of happened 4 times in that one year.

Hope this helps

Chris

Tech Guys

thanks chris

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

thanks chris.

i had an agreement with a lady called lucy to write the tv off last friday.she agreed forme to call on monday of this week to confirm it was at the workshop in sheffield allowing time for it to get there.i had to attach a copy letter to it and then an email would be sent to the workshop confirming write off.today i was told that this had been rejected by sheffield and i now had to wait till 9/12/10 for the period allownace for repair :(

no one wants to admit the problem is with them.i was told the tv would be written off due tot the amount of times it had been in for repair with same fault and was now beyond economical repair.

can you help? i have lodged this now with bbc watchdog and consumer direct