Insurance Renewal Premium Not Paid - Default Notice Served - Does this affect credit file?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3597 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Whilst we were away our house insurance policy renewal premium wasnt paid by the bank on 2 occassions and the insurers sent a letter stating Default Notice Served Under Section 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 and there was a deadline dade within 2 weeks to pay the premium to remedy it.

We were still away, and on return have received letter stating that as they've not heard from us, the policy renewal has been cancelled.

I've called them and they stated that my policy was paid up to the end of the policy which was 5th sept 2009 to 5th sept 2010. As they not recieved payment to renew it, they cancelled the renewal.

So does this mean they would have put a default on our credit files? Or just cancelled the policy, when calling insurer they said they cant confirm to me if this has affected my credit file.

My wife was main policy holder, i was additional policy holder - there is no default showing on my file..

then dont worry

if the cra files are clear,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

depends if this insurance a/c is reported to the cra's

some are some arent.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.