Help needed with blackheath county court claim

winton2010

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My guarantor has received a claim pack from MCOL:

Particulars of claim

" the claimant provided Mr x a loan of 2500 under consumer credit act agreement. the defendant Y signed as a personal guarantor for X. The claimant advanced x the sum of 2500 on 30/05/08. the defandant signed a guarantee for this agreement such that the defendant unconditionally and irrevocably undertook to the claimant to personally guarantee full due and punctual payment of the debt of x to the claimant. X stopped making payments to the claimant and on the 30 04 10 the agreement was subsequently defaulted - as a result the defendant became liable for outstanding balance. Despite numerous attempts to contact the defendant the claimant has received no funds from the defendant. the claimant claims pursuant with guarantee sum of £2608.53"

Mt guarantor has had no contact from Blackheath, except for 2 garbled ansa phone messages.

Payments have been missed, but payments have been made up to aug/sept.

On the online account, they have removed my payment history, and when asked to provide by email their response has been " We have taken your guarantor to court - they need to ask for this information" My G has asked on 3 occasions by email - and had no response,

Were do I go from with this?

Hi win

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

If the account holder or Guarantor needs a payment history he can send a SAR Request with £10 postal order. They have 40 days to respond. They will send all the data on the account over a 6 year period. If they fail to respond the account holder or Guarantor can complain to the ICO.

It might be an idea to post a summary, so the guys know how the claim came about.

Hi win

Welcome to CAG

If the account holder or Guarantor needs a payment history he can send a SAR Request with £10 postal order. They have 40 days to respond. They will send all the data on the account over a 6 year period. If they fail to respond the account holder or Guarantor can complain to the ICO.

It might be an idea to post a summary, so the guys know how the claim came about.

Thanks for that - problem is I need to get my defence in before the 40 days they are allowed

Hi win

Welcome to CAG

Not sure why the took the action they have - I admit I missed a few payments but on the claim form they claim they have made numerous attempts to contact my guarantor 9not sure isf a couple of garbled ansaphone messages count as numerous attempts - nothing sent in writing or email either to me or guarantor