Can Eon make me pay for gas from Feb 08??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my second post on the eon saga...

they are now saying the £1880 bill up to dec 09 is from when they fitted our normal meter in feb o8!

They billed me for a duel account but it turns out they were only charging for electricity and even sent me a £300 refund in July 2008 (approx) for gas!

They say all bills were estimated until dec 09...so the actual bill for 22 months gas is £1880!! surely thats wrong. We live in a 3 bed semi!

is there anything I can do to dispute the account, please help im at a loss

Hi money

First thing to do is send a letter stating what you believe is due to Eon. Mark the letter Formal Letter of Complaint. Send it Recorded. Don't bother talking to them over the phone. It's my understanding that because your a Domestic household and if it's Eon's fault, they can only ask for the last 12 months monies. You might see Eon

trying to change the facts to suit themselves, don't let them. If you need information from them, I think you can send them a SAR Request with £10. They have 40 days to respond with all the info they hold on the account for at least a 6 year period.

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Consumers/Pages/Consumer.aspx

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/gas_and_electricity/electricity_supply.htm#Complaints

This situation seems very odd.

There are several things that EON need to clarify.

Firstly, why were the meter reads estimated? If they did not attempt to read the meter the account will fall under the Billing Code and you will only be liable for charges for a year prior to the first bill.

If EON did not produce a bill or statement during this time for gas, then the Billing Code may also apply.

A thorough investigation of the account needs to occur to determine compliance with the Energy Retail Association Code of Practice for Accurate Bills (Billing Code).

go to http://www.eonenergy.com/DirectorComplaint and send an email of complaint

thank you, I will do just that. I dont think they know what has happened but I was always under the impression that I was paying for both and it now turns out I was just paying for electricity...when I rang about it they said 'oh, its for electricity' which I know for a fact its not and now they say its gas. I have raised a complaint and refuse to just give in and pay. thanks for the advise so far

as always, much appreciated!