• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Woolwich - Charges and default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I did yasmin. Date set for december 13th.

It's funny because I was trying to remember the user name of the other person at bromley the other day to see how you were getting on, and here you've popped up again. Not long for you to go now. Anytime in the next week to 10 days I'd guess. Keep us posted!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, Will let you know for sure

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Not yet..."phoned the Court today 'cause not received anything from Woolwich/Barclays, neither have the Court,:rolleyes: so they just made a note on my file to say I called in and had received nothing from the defendants!!!:)

So the letter arrived, finally,:grin: they want confidentiality, hmm don't think so.....also no mention of removal of default. I will be mentioning it !!Not celebrating yet, could still be fighting out that one in court on Wednesday...

yasmin dig your heels in if they want a deal thats your terms for settlement make them aware no deal you go in to court and we all know they dont wanna do that so i believe the balls firmly in your court so as to say ! ha ha (sorry for the pun ) !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

LOL, for sure, just on my way to post letter!!;)

Hiya - Sorry to hijack this thread.

But I was reading it as I myself are in a simlaur position , whereby as soon as I started to proceed against the woolwich they registered default against.

I am already pushing for a court order aginst Natwest for the same thing.

I have been in correspondence with experian, and have received a rather long winded 6 page letter off them today, which may or may not be use to BF and anybody else on this site....I need to go through it in more detail myself but whatever my letter to them in teh first place must have ruffled someone as this has come from teh director office themselves!!!!

In the letter there are a few things which I am not completely sure they are allowed to state.

They seem to have been consult with the ICO before writing this letter and it my belief that they are missing the point to suit themselves.Esp the part with ICO states about removal of defaults, and and harm to teh data subject and also they state in tehir letter that the ICo states that CRA do not need Data Subjects permission to hold information on them (?) really(?) anyway if anyone is interested let me know and I will email it to them.

Onwards and upwards as they say

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

ok... well Barclays desperately trying to contact me today. All a bit last minute stuff, didn't return call 'till around 6.00. They have recredited my Barclaycard and have agreed to do the same 're Woolwich..also remove the default. They have agreed to confirm this by E mail??? and I will be speaking to them again in the morning. Hopefully this should be enough as I have sent them a letter detailing the conditions upon which I would be willing to cancel court proceedings... (Hearing tomorrow).and if they are E mailing me also...What do you think???? Feel I still may have to attend court. don't really trust them......;)

Typical Barclays to settle the night before eh?

Yasmin they probably give you hush money in top of your claim so this may be the last time we hear from you !! LOL

Well done huney. I probably wouldnt do anything with the court until I had a definate from Barclays if I was in your shoes!!! But thats just me, I dont trust anybody who has spent the last four years taking money unlawfully from my accoutn eh!!!

Glad to hear about the default - though it does confirm my fears that there no way its going to get removed soon. Though like my post says - I have written to the ICO and FSO!

Well done, and if there no Conf agreement to scupper you please post back and let us know what happened eh?

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

watching this space yasmin!!!

Allyxia

R E S U L T !!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :)

Barclays on the phone this morning, first thing, telling me they had sent E mail, copy of cheque, promise to remove default and confirmation that the money had been paid into Barclaycard.

Arrived at the Court early, their representative already there. Very civilized . We informed the Judge we had reached an agreement. We were first in. The Judge has given four weeks for the issues to be resolved(at the outside!!) If they are not, then I can resume Court proceedings.

They have told me that the default will be removed within 48 hours, so I will just await confirmation of this. Also managed to claim costs to compensate the cheque re Woolwich refund of UNLAWFUL CHARGES not being cleared...........A good day so far!!

Was a lengthy process. Thank you all for your support along the way. Best of luck with your claims. Going on to fight other issues now. Will be donating shortly, well deserved, only wish it could be more;)

Ah well done Yasmin good on you girl

Hopefully they wont be so stupid and leave it to the last minute from now on!!!

Allyxia

yeah you would think the woolwich would sort it all out now rather than us having to take them to court when are they going to realise that the people claiming of them are serious come on Mr Barclays get your act together !WELL DONE YASMIN !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Paddym - well tobe hoenst Ive had to raise a compliant to the FSO and ICO regarding the Woolwich and their action since starting my claim.

Sent them A letter to tell them thats what has happening so I wonder if they will change tack now!!

Allyxia

Just to let you know, received letter today confirming that default has now been removed......FINALLY:grin: :grin: :grin:

You ar5e my light in my dark tunnel!!!!

the onlything holding my case up is the court waiting for the magic "test" case. When are they going to realise this and stop hogging the docket!!!

Allyxia

Just received a copy of my credit report. The default, (amount comprising solely of unlawful charges) has only been marked as satisfied, not removed as promised:rolleyes:

I have sent an abrupt txt to person dealing with it at Barclays, demanding action within 48 hours, or I will proceed with litigation!!! An option still open to me, if they don't comply ......

oHHHH well done yas for being so on the ball!!!!!!

The check of em!!! I tell you!!!!

Im having the same monkey business with the Woolwich as we type!!!

Arrived todays post.

Acknowledge and copy of defence from wooly.

Also

From Gordon Jennings

As I cant find any evidence that you have taken legal proeceeding aginst the Woolwich please note that legal proceeding have commenced aginst you as of the date of this letter.

Phoned Gorden up - was told he wasnt in and as the ONLY person dealing with Wooliwch accoutns regarding claims no one else can help me.

Is it me or is it safe to assume then that Gorden would know about my action as he is the ONLY person in the whole of barclays/wooly dealing with my claim!!!!

Ejits the lot of them!!

Allyxia

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks