• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Woolwich - Charges and default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tnx , LOL was back in 2004 . Amazed when I looked at statements didn't think i'd had any charges that far back......

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yasmin - three Woolwich threads merged into this one. Please don't start another thread about your Woolwich claim :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

LOL I blame BF He told me to start sep. thread.......'re recent one!!!! other one error ....

Sent initial letter claiming the extra £550 I found , he he. Well, seems it's all too much for Woolwich who have now passed it on to Barclays, Head Office Customer Relations. They have promised me a reply by 12 th June. Too late, Letter B4 Action being sent today...your 14 days is up!!

Still awaiting data...so I can proceed with the default. Can't Wait, The problems they have caused me....

• 2 weeks later...

Letter from Barclays offering me £265- naturally accepted it but informed them that I would be persuing them for the remainder. Also pointed out, that once again they have failed to address any of the other complaints. The Default, on a balance comprising solely of their unlawful charges, which have now been refunded! The closure of my account which was in credit...Where is the balance??Even if it was only a few quid. O well, another court action on 31st May. Another letter from Barclays telling me it was their final offer..PLEEEEEESE

, this is getting a bit repetitive Barclays, Woolwich have already told me that about 6 times so far LOL. Still no DPA, need that desperately so I can persue the default.

• 2 weeks later...

filed my claim yesterday, delivered in person to County Court. I included additional claim for the default. Lets see how it goes.......

• 5 weeks later...

Filed the claim...Woolwich Acknowledged it...have 'till 24th July. Would really like to get this one to court!!!

Hi Yasmin, it looks like we filed our court action at almost the same time. Barclays have acknowledged mine, Keith Jeremiah defending. Let's see how long it takes till we get back our money.

:razz:the winner takes it all :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Moonie, Just back from the court, have entered judgement! Trouble is they cannot tell me if there is anything pending, received but not logged.

Problem like this with GE Money... entered judgement 20th July... they filed defence on 21st- technically 1 day late. However Court have advised me that GE will only request that judgement be set aside which will drag it out longer...Take a look at thread if your interested. Hows it going with yours???

Just keeping you up dated, Have received a defence from Barclays Bank this morning, re Woolwich, signed Keith Jeremiah!! No surprise there.....

Oh the swines .... they really push it to the limit don't they.

The deadline for mine is next Wednesday and I'm in no doubt they will do the same to me and issue it at the very last moment.

I was reading on someone else's thread, that after they received their defence from Mr Jeremiah, they contacted him and he agreed to settle in full, are you going to give it a go and contact him?

:razz:the winner takes it all :razz:

Hell, NO. They have already settled my first claim, against them, without going to court. There is also the small matter of them defaulting me on a balance made up solely of their charges and closing my account whilst in credit. Wonder what they did with the balance........was miniscule but never mind . So, really wouldn't mind if it went all the way...plenty of proof

Guest lobster
Just keeping you up dated, Have received a defence from Barclays Bank this morning, re Woolwich, signed Keith Jeremiah!! No surprise there.....

ha ha ha me to have keith jeramaih mine is in fast track for £13,000!!!!!

lol

Wow! Good luck i'll be watching yours with interest.......

• 2 weeks later...

Well, have just completed my allocation questionairre and delivered to court in person! Lets see what happens next. Starting to prepare my documents!!!!

• 1 month later...

Two Court dates in the post today! Woolwich & Barclaycard, both 15th November.....

Tnx angry banker & austenpowers for your good wishes. My docs. must be in 14 days before court date. It will be at Bromley County Court......

o coool, hope you get your date through soon.... might see you there sometime, lol:D

• 1 month later...

Hi all Just to let you know Court docs posted also to Woolwich & Barclaycard!!! Case coming up rapidly now.:rolleyes: Did you get date Mr. powers lol?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks