loosing £365 because royal mail can't do their job?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(apologies if i haven't put this in the right forum!)

i recently sold an item through ebay, the buyer payed through paypal and i sent the item using royal mail international signed for to the united states. The buyer claimed not to have received anything and opened a dispute on paypal who then asked me to provide a copy of the receipt and the tracking number. On the royal mail website it says its been delivered, but they haven't added a copy of the signature because after speaking to them they "don't need to" - so paypal have closed the case in the buyers favour just because no signature was added to the website. I have also contacted usps, who delivered the item in the usa, and who were apparently supposed to add the signature to their website too, but of course they didn't. After being on the phone to them, they won't provide me with a copy of the signature unless i ask royal mail to do so, i have put in a claim which apparently takes an average of 3 weeks to sort out. However paypal have given me 10 days to 'appeal' their decision 'till the case is closed for good. I think based just on the fact that the delivery companies didnt add the signature, paypal automatically close the case and dont give me time to try and get the signature is appalling. What can i do? Each company is diverting me to the other.

Hello and Welcome, cavorting.

I'll move this thread to the Postal and Deliveries Forum, hopefully you'll get help in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear of your issues, but the fact the item was tracked and showing as delivered should have been enough to make PayPal refuse the refund request. The lack of a signature is not uncommon, but f you paid for a signature on delivery and USPS didn't obtain one, you can use pay pals reversal as proof the item was not delivered and claim compensation from them using the appropriate form. You will also need a printout of the auction page, so grab this before it disappears.