Can you trace a mobile phone via your computer?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I read somewhere that you can find the location of a mobile phone for free via your PC. You had to send a text to the phone and then accept the text. Then you would always know where it was. I need this as my son is getting a more expensive phone (which I personally don't want him to have), and he may lose it. There are services available, but you have to pay. Google Latitude only traces by the email address.

Thanks All

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Sorry SOD'EM I don't have a scooby !!! watching this thread with interest.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I found this:-

Simple surveillance

You don’t have to plant a CIA-style bug to conduct surveillance any more. A service called World Tracker lets you use data from cell phone towers and GPS systems to pinpoint anyone’s exact whereabouts, any time — as long as they’ve got their phone on them.

All you have to do is log on to the web site and enter the target phone number. The site sends a single text message to the phone that requires one response for confirmation. Once the response is sent, you are locked in to their location and can track them step-by-step. The response is only required the first time the phone is contacted, so you can imagine how easily it could be handled without the phone’s owner even knowing.

Here:-

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2008/05/05/cell-phone-spying-is-your-life-being-monitored/

Haven't read it all yet, but there is a lot more advanced options to what I have put above.

Would appreciate any feedback as if it is as simple as it looks, it could be a Godsend to your childrens (and your own) phone.

That one costs too (although it is Pay as You Go and no registration fee or monthly costs). Not the dearest I've seen, but could still be invaluable if your kids have a phone. I am sure I seen a free one somewhere though.

I guess I'll just keep on looking.:roll:

Click below to see how this particular one works.

http://www.followus.co.uk/demo/live/index.htm

Edited by SOD'EM

FFS don't let anyone tell the DCAs!!!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

There is an advert on the telly offering this service but it is for a particular network, but I can't remember which one.:noidea:

I found out the other day, purely by chance, that my service provider Orange is now part of T f'ing mobile! I even had T mobile on my phone a few times!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Something similar was on the Gadget Show last night.

Edited by maroondevo52

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Be aware though that the above wont pinpoint the exact location, they use the phone signal which may or may not be very accuarte, If i turn on my Nokia maps and it cant find a GPS signal then it uses this method, its normally pretty accurate but is sometimes miles out, for example at busy times your phone may end up using an aerial miles away, on NYE for example.

There are various GPS option where you can track friends, etc but you would need them to have it activated on their phone.

Andy

GPS (global positioning by satalite) has been around for a long time. It used to be part of my job with BT. At it's best, the position can be up to three metres. Mostly though, triangulation via transmitters with quite a bit of info. from the satalite is an educated guess using the strength of each part of the process and depends on many varying factors.

As a last resort emergency services use this method even today because there really isn't anything more accurate. Appart from military purposes of course ;)

Edited by babybear39
missed a bit

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar