Warmfront complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question - who can I complain to about warmfront. My Dads boiler (which warmfront installed just over a year ago) stopped working. We called warmfront and they said he still had enough of his grant to cover the repair. They'd have it done for him in 2-3 weeks! Happy days! That was 2 months ago. I called to ask why the delay and was told 'Oh, whoever told you 2-3 weeks shouldn't have. Your looking at about March now!!!!!' I can't tell you what I said back or I'll be banned from the forum. I am so angry!!!

My Dad is in his eighties, I couldn't let him go over winter with no central heating so I have had to pay £300 to get it repaired. What are the chances I can claim this back somehow? Thanks for reading.

Paul

Warmfront is a scheme for the DECC but administered by EAGA PLC - http://www.warmfront.co.uk

As they are acting and administering a scheme on behalf of the Government, they have an established complaints procedure, the charter is on their website.

It also says on the website that "heating work" is currently taking around six months to carry out, due to high demand.

However, it is always worth making a complaint to see what they will actually do about it - in this case, provide incorrect information - it may get you somewhere, it may not but it's always worth making a stand when you have been wronged.

Good luck!

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

• 1 month later...
Just a quick question - who can I complain to about warmfront. My Dads boiler (which warmfront installed just over a year ago) stopped working. We called warmfront and they said he still had enough of his grant to cover the repair. They'd have it done for him in 2-3 weeks! Happy days! That was 2 months ago. I called to ask why the delay and was told 'Oh, whoever told you 2-3 weeks shouldn't have. Your looking at about March now!!!!!' I can't tell you what I said back or I'll be banned from the forum. I am so angry!!!

My Dad is in his eighties, I couldn't let him go over winter with no central heating so I have had to pay £300 to get it repaired. What are the chances I can claim this back somehow? Thanks for reading.

Paul

If a new boiler was installed over a year ago, there is a 2 year cover attached to the system

• 1 month later...

I've been fighting with Eaga Plc (A.K.A. Warmfront, A.K.A. Warmsure) to get repairs done for over a year. It would have been cheaper for me to have paid a decent company, instead of using the Government sponcered Warmfront Scheme, in the first place.

If you are still having problems go directly to The Department of Energy and Climate Change. The person you need to speak to is Alison Oliver 0300 068 6607

• 5 months later...

I applied for a warm front grant in Sept 2010, they did a site survey in Dec 2010 and another just over 3 weeks ago and I still haven't had the work done. My communal hot water is being discontinued permanently on 31st Aug 2011, I assumed, wrongly, that 12 months would be long enough to meet this deadline but due to the outstanding level of incompetence by this organisation that deadline will be missed.

If they answer their phone in under an hour that's a good day, I will have another stab at this tomorrow but I'm guessing I'll need to put myself into debt on a credit card. Public sector workers are losing their jobs...I wonder why ;)

I applied for a warm front grant in Sept 2010, they did a site survey in Dec 2010 and another just over 3 weeks ago and I still haven't had the work done. My communal hot water is being discontinued permanently on 31st Aug 2011, I assumed, wrongly, that 12 months would be long enough to meet this deadline but due to the outstanding level of incompetence by this organisation that deadline will be missed.

If they answer their phone in under an hour that's a good day, I will have another stab at this tomorrow but I'm guessing I'll need to put myself into debt on a credit card. Public sector workers are losing their jobs...I wonder why ;)

If you have had the 2nd survey done 3weeks ago, which is done by a heating engineer, it can take upto 6 months for heating to be installed. I left the company in Jan of this year, and thats what it was then, dont think it wouldve changed by much since I have left. Good luck in getting it sorted, if you do phone Warmfront they will tell you to speak to installers, if you ring them they tell you to ring Warmfront. Give me a shout if you need any other questions ansered

I did the Warm Front >Warm Sure > Carillion Heating "round robin" on Thurs and Fri last week, I had the first survey done 8 months ago so the boiler should have been installed by now. I've just emailed customer complaints and have an urgency number which I'll call tomorrow before I call a plumber for my 3rd estimate my lowest so far is £2700. Why they can't have everything on one database under one roof beggers belief, way too many layers of management here.

• 3 months later...

Paul

If the boiler was installed a year ago your Dad should have a 2 year cover via the service company called Warmsure, and Warmfront should have advised you of this when you rang them.

You can certainly try and re-claim the monies back by complaining direct to Eaga (Now Carrillion), as per the previous quote, they have the complaints procedure detaled on the website. But dont hold your breath

If the boiler was installed a year ago your Dad should have a 2 year cover via the service company called Warmsure, and Warmfront should have advised you of this when you rang them.

You can certainly try and re-claim the monies back by complaining direct to Eaga (Now Carrillion), as per the previous quote, they have the complaints procedure detaled on the website. But dont hold your breath

Hiya,

I used to work at Warmfront customer services. There is noway you can claim that money back unfortunately. My best advice to you is to go to the Local MP and make a complaint. As for waiting that long it is normal with the grant, yes it is wrong. I used to hate telling customers the timescales. But it is now the boiler to be repaired or installed from when the survey is done not the application, and that can take upto a year