City link using my name as signure for a parcel that i never signed for

curlyblonde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

city link yesterday left a parcel in the main receiption of several offices on our site, this parcel was for a different company to what i work for, the parcel went missing and whenthe company checked the note said my name had signed for the parcel that morning, when we complained to city link they said the driver couldnt decipher the mans name who signed it (im a female) and so he used a name that he knew of someone in the complex he had delivered to before

IS THIS ILLEGAL im furious and the customer services manager of city link could not care less

Is it a misleading action or omission likley to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise?

That would be a criminal offence under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

Certainly enough, it is not service that I would wish to use if they think it OK to carry on in such a fashion.

The test would be the extent to which it happens.

Oh yes, Citylink. Where do I begin? I wouldn't use City-link if they were the last company on earth. When I had my business a couple of years back, we used to get lots of couriers delivering to us - at home. All had occasional problems, but Citylink were the world champions at getting it wrong and blaming me! Frequently failing to delivery at all, I would always be assured that the driver tried to deliver but there was no answer. I always met this with my response which was to ask them why they were nowhere to be seen on the CCTV. I even had a driver ring me back once to say that he had definitely been to my house. He told me my front door was white. I asked him what colour my caravan was, he confirmed it is white also. Then I had to break the bad news that I have a solid oak front door which is not painted and I have never had a pykie wagon.

So, them foging someones signature and a name does not surprise me at all with that lot. I think it is borderline identity theft if you ask me.