Direct Holidays demanding more money :-(

Gismocat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a holiday with Direct Holidays back in September for june 2011 – paid the applicable deposit and received normal invoice showing when the full balance is due in 2011. I have now received an email from them stating that there was an error with their booking system and it did not state that I was paying a low deposit and are now demanding an extra £110 which is due immediately. According to them it does state in the terms and conditions regarding low deposits but obviously I didn’t read this as the confirmation that came through made it clear that no further payments were due until 2011.

Can anyone clarify for me the position I am in as I cant possibly find this immediately. Thanks

the email I received from them was:

Thank you for your recent booking with Direct Holidays.

I am writing in regards to the remainder of your low deposit. When you booked you took part in our low deposit scheme. Due to a system error, this has not appeared on your invoice.

Please refer to the below terms and conditions, agreed to at the time of booking for further confirmation of the low deposit scheme,

7. Low Deposits A low deposit may be available depending on when you book your holiday. If you take advantage of any low deposit offers please be aware that the balance of the full deposit, currently £150 (£180 for long haul holidays) must be paid 8 weeks after booking. In the event of cancellation the full deposit must be paid.

The full deposit, for your booking is £152.50 per person which leaves an outstanding deposit balance of £ 110.00, which is now due. Any payment made with a credit card, will attract a surcharge of 2.5%. Debit Cards will not be charged.

To make payment, please contact us on 0871 8950043, please note this number is open between the hours of 09.00 and 17.30

Many Thanks & Kind Regards

Well, I skimmed through the booking terms (word doc works fine), and I can't see any section 7. DO you have any documentation at all that refers to the low cost scheme to which they refer? More importantly, do THEY have anything with the low deposit scheme and your signature on it? Because if not, they can whistle for it.

no all I received when I booked online was the attached invoice and booking terms so obviously nothing signed. When I booked I also know full well that there was no reference to a low deposit and have also seen on another forum the same issue in july - concerns me that they have had this "error" for 2 months +

I still want my holiday and dont have an issue with that at all - Im just not paying more upfront than I need to as thats not what I signed up to

Then tell them that.

Unless they can show that you agreed to enter that particular scheme, you are not bound by any T&Cs you have not agreed to (obviously) and you will pay the remainder as agreed by the booking terms they supplied to you at the time, if it's their mistake that's just tough.