Buchanan Clarke and Wells (BCW) up to their old tricks again

jimbo45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I'm getting fed up to the eye teeth with this miserable SCOTTISH shower tryng to collect a debt in ENGLAND - where the debt DOESN'T exist.

I've had numerous threatograms from these miserable barstewards saying that I owe an amount (quite small - around 100GBP) to National Power.

I sent them the "Prove it" letter and requested their authority as well in collecting the "alleged" debt. After all anyone can say I've been asked by XXXX to collect YYY GBP on their behalf.

I've also had zillions of the typical rubbish phone calls you get from DCA's too -- I sent the Harrassement letter but it didn't stop the calls until I just told the RUDE scottish person at the other end just to F.O and if I ever got a phone call again I would use every provision in Scottish Law to have the caller JAILED.

I don't know if there is any provision in Scottish Law for this but the calls at least stopped.

Anyway their threatogram machine continued to spew out their demands each one obviously getting more panicky than the last - including "Threats of Litigation" and "A home Collector will call" -- fat chance of that - my Rottweilers will soon see any of these uninvited scumbags off the premises really fast.

They seem to have more divisions than the notorious Moorcr@ap with their "Pre teen", "Pre school" etc divisions.

No proof of this debt has ever been received.

Now in Scotland they have quite strict extortion laws -- demanding money without proof that they have a right to collect it is extortion under Scottish Law -- so I said unless you send proof I'll pass this over for a possible extortion case.

The next thing is I get a letter offerring a "Substantial Discount" -- actually "alleged debt" reduced to 75 GBP from approx 100 GBP.

Now I haven't heard of ANY utility company reducing debts where the consumer has actually consumed gas / electricity specified in the bill.

I'm totally suspicious in any case -- I KNOW I can't be responsible since I have British Gas as my supplier -- never had dealings with NP.

So how can I finally get RID of these vermin -- it's harder to get rid of these pests than a Cockroach Infestation in Southern Louisiana.

The fact that they are a SCOTTISH firm chancing their Luck on phishing trips in ENGLAND just adds insult to injury.

Who in Scotland can I complain to -- the FOS doesn't seem to care any more.

I've also written to NP to confirm that this debt is NOT mine -- am awaiting a reply from them.

The whole rotten stinking Debt Collecting industry needs to be overhauled and IMO 90% of the people in it should be IN A TOUGH JAIL. If we ran our affairs the way these people do we would be in court so fast our feet wouldn't even touch the ground.

Anway I hope we can get BCW put out of business. They really are CLUELESS as well as exceedingly IRRITATING.

Cheers

jimbo

Hi Jimbo

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments, especially about the debt collecting 'industry'. It only perpetuates to feed itself. All debt buying and selling should be outlawed. Some USA states have banned the practice and I think it is illegal in Canada to sell ANY debt to another company. The Scandinavian countries don't seem to indulge in this practice either.

I think you need to get hold of your local MP and local press about this. Have you done Trading Standards and the Ministry of Justice.

Remember to check your credit record Jimbo. If they have registered a default for a non existent debt, you could be due some compo. You could take them to court and claim for all reasonable costs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread