McDonalds and MET Parking Charge Notice- Daylight Robbery?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I got a bloody letter from MET parking services demanding me to pay £100. kindly reducing to £50 if I shell out quicker. I cant understand why McD's feel this is the best way to 'manage' their car parks? Of course i believe that they are not in any way receiving a kick- back of any sort- for nailing so many of their loyal, average, hard working customers.

I am disgusted that this sort of thing can still go on. I noticed 1 million people researched these articles on companies screwing motorists over like this. Its the modern day thieves that dont need to snatch our purses, or no, they bully us with their professional disguise to part with our cash, with our own free will.

:-x I will ignore this letter and update you with my progress. In the meantime dont bother with McDonalds- they may get the message and realise they have got to put their customers first for a change!

If it is the notorius airport one then I have had several of the MET scamvoices. Fortunately the planes leaving the airport fly much better than their toilet paper

Complain but it does no good as the management of McD's is not sympthetic and they introduced the system because of the private hire vehicles using it as a waiting area - the problem is they have applied it carte blanche so catching the unwary genuine customer who overstays by a few minutes. :-(

I am sure this is an accident on behalf of MET who would not want to catch out the innocent motorist :-x

Best way is to ignore everything they send however threatening and one thing that is certain is that court just will not happen. Have requested this during phone calls from the well known firm of Graham White Solicitors aka Mr Sobell (MET in disguise) and am still waiting for the court documents

Having said that there may be signs of intelligent life at MET (hard to believe I know) as in the current round of [problem]-a-grams they seem to have given up after just a letter from the DC's thus saving the postage on the follow up DC and Solicitors letters

Daylight Robbery - they also operate at night - the modern highwaymen like to operate 24/7. Bet Dick Turpin would have liked ANPR so he could have worked from home :madgrin:

Edited by asmodeus
Typo's