• Tweets

• we have known for a very very long time that 9/10 the OC never knows IRRWW are chasing debtors nor  in some cases even taking money from them that the OC never ever see!! IDRWW pockets it -  free money - lets all go on a staff holiday. there was an article some years back whereby that quoted some +£4M debtors had paid to IDRWW on UAE debts that when contacted the originating banks knew nothing about....😎  
    • let the ombudsman do their job. you'll win handsdown you dont obv owe OVO p'haps anything at all.  dont worry about Past Due credit or any other DCA ( THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS!) as for you being added to the debt, thats quite OK, you were a resident adult and equally liable under law. once you start getting things moving via the  ombudsman dont forget to get your credit files cleansed of any negative data & seek compensation for distress etc, again the  ombudsman should sort both out for you. as you are now NOT a customer of OVO, there is very very little they can do to you now.  
    • A question - did you use the supermarket or the restaurant? I see the restrictions are different. Sign.pdf
    • DN is ok DCA NOA is ok, though not one from Newday saying they've sold it. agreement states esigned on a sunday at 11am?? really??  but no typed names or tick box nor any IP address used. if the date is correct then poss ok, it that your correct address for that time of take out? but if not, then that could simply be a copy of someone elses they've used with you details copy'n'pasted over theirs. the agreement details separate T&C's in at least 8.4. a full set of T&C containing your correct address for the time MUST be included. failure renders the agreement unenforceable... have you the T&C's too? dx
    • Npower and Scottish Power and others have always had regulations that require them to treat customers fairly - the threads here and my experiences demonstrate that those regs are little more than useless.   Even Octopus recently spent month after month saying they needed to increase my monthly payments despite my credit balance slowly going up TWICE I had to reset it online back to prior payment as they unilaterally increased it unilaterally. Raised formal complaint and they than said i was paying too much and reduced the payment, again without my agreement, although that time at least they told me they were doing it.   .. and Octopus has been one of the better ones.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard - No Reply To CCA or SAR

tomtom1965
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have issued both for a mastercard and a visa, they are way past the time line for responding yet today I got two letters from Mercers, one on each card threatening all manner. What do I do? Can I challenge on the fact the requests have not been complied with or do I need to start all over again with Mercers???

If you click on the library link (top left) it will take you to a list of letters. The ones you want will be there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

So this goes to BC and is in respect of only the failure to comply with the CCA request. Do I not mention the SAR. I got my SAR from MBNA and have to say that was a lot more valuable than the CCA request, which only served to confuse me.

So, letter on CCA only? Yes?

Another thing, in spite of asking them to stop the card they have continued for 18 months to allow AOL to add £23 per month to the bill, I cancelled the AOL account, but they kept asking for the continuous payment. BC have said "tough" its not our problem under the guise of a letter headed "Final Response"... I've kick off about this as well.

Edited by tomtom1965
More data to help readers

Hi tom

there are 3 issues here:

1. Mercers are in house agents of Barclaycard. I ould send the latest 'complaint' letter to them since they are the last to correspond with you.

2. If you want to do a SAR Then that needs to go Barclaycard.

3. A continuous payment authority on A CC is more complex. It's like an uber DD but much more difficult to cancel. One should never agree to them (too late I know). When I had one, I lost my CC on a bus so asked for the card to be canceled because of the possibility of fraud and a new one to be reissued. someone may give more expert advice on this tricky issue.

best wishes

vic

For the continuous payment, its AOL that are still claiming it so you need to contact them and get them to cease and refund the amounts after you cancelled the account. HOWEVER... check that there is no clause in the terms and conditions of the AOL agreement that allow them to claim 12 months usage if you cancel within a timeframe or something similar to this.

S.

Hi TT,

When you start to go into detail about the 2 a/c's, you should start a new thread for the BCMC a/c and keep this one dealing with the Visa a/c only.

Did you notify BC in writing to stop paying the AOL a/c. If so, BC should not have paid it.

If you did not, then your dispute is with AOL alone as stated by others already.

If you think there are any penalty charges on the BC a/c's send one SAR to get all your statement data for both a/c's.

You can reclaim charges and interest - read more about this in the Interest Tutorial linked in my signature.

The chances of disputing the a/c's are limited now although they must still reply to your CCA request, even if they only send T&C's.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks all.

I'm still none the wiser however on the CCA and SAR. The SAR letter was sent early Sept and the CCA at the start of Oct. In the absense of a response to either, what do I do?

As for the AOL payment, I did not confirm cancelling the card in writing, it was just over the phone. But two things, one the card was not used at all from that point on and would they not have a record of the call?

Hi TT,

Sorry, I see now that you've already sent the CCA and SAR letters. Did you use our site templates and did you include the respective fees.

If so, write to BC, by Rec'd Del'y, enclosing copies of your CCA and SAR letters. Tell them they are already past the deadlines to reply and you require their proper responses within 7 days or you'll report this to the relevant authorities.

Re AOL payments, did you speak to BC to confirm they should stop AOL pay'ts. Do you know the date you did this as you could also ask BC to check their phone log and explain why the pay'ts were made beyond then.

Or did you tell AOL to stop seeking pay'ts from BC. We need to know exactly what happened so we can give best advice.

8)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Slick,

Yes I used the site templates, I sent the fees by postal order and sent it registered. I have chased but merely stated that they had not responded and asked for them to confirm whether or not they intended to respond, I did not send them copies as I know that they received the originals, should I resend the chaser with copies? I also gave them the dates of my call and asked that they review their call log as the request is quite clear and they should be able to glean that within 10 seconds of the dialogue.

Thanks...:|

Hi TT,

If you didn't send copies, it doesn't matter at all. Give them a couple of weeks from your reminder letters and see if they respond.

8-)

Hi TT,

If you didn't send copies, it doesn't matter at all. Give them a couple of weeks from your reminder letters and see if they respond.

8-)

They've responded to one card today and referred to my chaser letter as opposed to the original. They have sent two letters, one saying please find enclosed T&C's, which is a colour copy, no signature and it looks very recent in terms of its presentation. I will post a copy tomorrow. The second letter has a copy of a "reconstituted Credit Agreement" (their words) and again no signature which looks older than the T&C's, in terms of presentation. Again I will post a copy tomorrow. But what does that mean they have responded to?

Hi tomtom

This is all shifting sands and folk are, rightly, wary of commenting on the enforcibility issue.

For sec 78 purposes they can send any crap.

Personally, I think that technical defences are weak And I would be wary if they produce anything signed by me.

There are often inconsistencies in the T&Cs compared to the false agreement and the implications thereof that might give rise to dispute about the alleged amount.

Just my view.

x

vic

Just wait a while, to see how they respond in totality.

Otherwise, you'll be firing letters off every other day and not knowing which of their replies refers to which of your letters.

8)

Hi tomtom

This is p*ss poor even by their standards.

I can't see anything that shows you've signed anything or that the agreement relates to you.

It meets their sec 78 obligation though; because any old crap will do.

You might now SAR Barclaycard to establish unfair charges and interest thereon.

You are on strong ground; just test the enemy with a gentle prod.

best wishes

vic

If the SAR was sent 2 months back, they are over the 40 days allowed and you should consider sending this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?570-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

The T&C's sent in reply to your CCA request means the a/c is not in dispute under s.78 CCA1974 and they can continue to seek payment. If you don't pay, they may post negative data on your CRA files.

However, if there are penalty charges, the a/c can be considered to be in dispute because of them.

8-)