1st credit & Vanquis Bank/credit card advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update and further advice please.

Today I received 2 letters one dated 16/11/10 stating I've broken credit agreement, contact office to avoid legal action....etc.

The 2nd dated 17/11/10 reads as:

"We write with regard to the aforementioned account and to your recent request for a copy of the agreement.

May we make you aware that all requesrt for agreements and/or statements must be made direct to Vanquis. We have today passed on your request and fee to Vanquis and they will issue you with a copy of your agreement in due course.

Please be advised that we have not received your payment due on12/11/10 therefore your repayment has now defaulted. Please contact office as a matter of urgency."

So firstly is this correct?

The term "due course", does this still mean it has to be provided from the date I sent it on NOT the date 1st credit have passed it on?

Do I continue to ignore?

Thanks folks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening,

Still no CCA yet, BUT, vanquis (the orginial debt) sent me another bill today with more charges on it, plus a little note saying it had been passed to 1st credit.

Is it right that they continue to bill me AND add more to the bill when they've already passed over to a DCA?

Morning on this very chilly and white day!

It's now been 17 days since I sent in my CCA request to 1st credit (who then passed it to Vanquis), I hve heard nothing.

Should I now send in the account in dispute letter?

If so who to? Or in the spirit of belt and braces should I send it to both 1st credit and vanquis?

Thanks

yes failure to comply/dispute letter to 1st crapit.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you sure DX, seems that the site team are giving out conflicting advice:madgrin:

???

lost me young sir

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Afternoon, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Today, I finally received my CCA from Vanquis but once again I'm confused.

All it is, is "Vanquis Credit Card Agreement and full terms" It quite literally is a copy of their terms & conditions, there is nothing with my name, address, DOB, date of agreement anywhere on it. Is this the correct thing they have sent out?

I was expecting some sort of agreement between us with my name etc on it not just terms & conditions.

So where do I go from here?

Thanks

Mind if I add my 2p worth about 1st crapit?

I had them chasing me a few months ago for ONE missed payment on a moneyshop loan. I only found out they were looking for me when they phoned my mum.

Cue a very hormonal and heavily pregnant female screaming down the phone at them about their cr@p business model for phoning my mother and how I did not acknowledge any debt to them so go forth and multiply!!!

They havent contacted me since.......

The reason I wanted to share this is to let you know that they will go away if you stand firm. YOU call the shots Hun xxx

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Thanks Kitten1 :-)

It does get me down in all honesty, the last letter I had from them was to say if I paid now they would discount it to £250, which was my original debt not the £650 I owe now!

The worst of it is that I've never denied I owe the money because I do but can NOT afford the payments they are demanding and they wouldn't accept my offer.

I can only bang my head against a brick wall and get upset so many times, thank God I found this forum it's been a life saver, so whenever it gets on top of me I come here and flick through the posts and it makes me smile again. :-D

if they are offering a discount

that means one thing only -

there's someting wrong

either there's an issue with the CCA

or

its made of unlawful charges &/or mis-sold PPI.

dx

and they

• 8 months later...

Hi Everyone,

An update about this thread: After placing my account in dispute as they failed to send me a CCA I heard nothing more from Vanquis.

Last week I had a letter arrive from Cabot saying they had bought the debt from Vanquis, today when I got home from work I found a card addressed to me (Hand delivered) asking me to call or text a mobile for a call back. It doesn't say anywhere on the card who or where it's from.

So can Vanquis sell my debt whilst it is in dispute? If it turns it this card belongs to a door step collector where do I stand or what do I do next?

Thanks ever so much

Im not that expirinced in these matters but as far as i am aware no they can not sell or parce on a disputed debt and i believe you should send the letter in the attached link but wait for a more expirenced cager to confirm this

kind regards casper

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...lection-agency