1st credit & Vanquis Bank/credit card advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll try to keep this brief.

I had/have a vanquis bank credit card, I hold my hands up and say I defaulted on payments and now owe them just shy of £600.

At the end of last year I got into finiancial difficulty and like an ostrich hid my head in the sand:sad:

I have since paid off one of my debts, today a company called 1st credit called me to say Vanquis had passed the debt to them.

Again I stress I don't dispute the money because I do owe it but like thousands of others I'm not in a position right now to pay it in full which they demanded.

They then offered to discount the debt to £450 BUT I had to pay it over three months £150.00.

I offered £30 a month to start with as that is all I can truely afford, I explained to them I wanted to pay it but would not be bullied into paying more than I could afford as then I would default and be back to square one!

They have told me that Vanquis have put a limit on when the debt has to be paid, which according to them means I have to pay at least £60 a month and I just don't have it at this time:sad:

Does anyone know where I stand legally? That they have refused to accept my payment of £30 a month.

I appreciate this debt is of my own doing but I'm doing my level best to pull myself out of it.

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU dictate how much you CAN afford. No-one else has that right. If you have worked out your I & E no one is entitled to view this information but you, and YOU tell them what you can afford.

Most people on CAG advise against speaking with these types on the telephone because they lie, threated and badger you into such a state you believe what they are saying. If they telephone at all do not answer their security questions and tell them in writing only.

You say they have refulsed to accept £30 a month, do you have this in writing, if so keep that in a safe place.

Tell them you will be setting up a Standing Order (do NOT give them any of your banking details). Make the amount what YOU can safely afford and no more. If you are on Jobseekpers or any Benefits a Judge would normally set this at around £1 per month.

How old is your Vanquis account? as there is another avenue we could go down too.

Thank you sooooo much for replying it's a weight off my shoulders just to talk to someone about it.

The debt is about a year old.

I paid them £20 over the phone today and am supposed to ring tomorrow (as it's payday) to pay a further £30.

The lady I spoke to said I had to fill in a form detailing all my income and outgoings, provide wage slips etc so the solicitors could go over it and deicide how much THEY thought I could pay.

I've just been reading some previous threads and think I've done everything wrong already:oops:

They kept phoning me at work, so to stop that happening I phoned them today. They insist they sent me a letter but I have recieved NO letter from them.

Should I pay tomorrow? Especially as I do owe the money.

Thanks

You do NOT have to fill in an I&E form. Only a court can order that.

Send the harassment letter from the letters templates. That should stop the phone calls.

These people are annoying. You clearly want to pay, and have made an excellent offer. However, their greed means I am keen to make them suffer... they are not treating you fairly or seriously.

When did you take this card out? Might there be any charges on the account, or PPI? I feel a CCA request coming on...

it puzzled me why they are offering a discount

typically this only happens when there is a known issue with the CCA being faulty and un-en

or the balance is made of mainly unlawful charges & PPI.

you are under NO legal obligation to negotiate over the phone.

and to be perfectly honest, if you gave them card details, i'd phone your bank and tell them you have damaged your card and it will no longer work.

these muppets will fleece you blind so be careful.

stop talking to them on the phone and remember they have

NO LEGAL POWERS to do anything to you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Of the £600 owing now the origianl debt was £250 the rest are overlimit or late charges! However I went overlimit because they charged a late charge!

Can't remember the exact date I took it out but think 2008. So do I ring a pay them tomorrow?

Seriously guys I can't tell you what a relief it is to talk to people about it :-D

I dont' have statements to hand but know my limit was only £250 which I never went over until the late charges...................so a rough estimate would be £600 less £250 is £350 of charges! Plus 8% is £380 leaving £220. I didn't have PPI I still can't believe I was stupid enough to get in this much debt over £250!

Do I carry on paying them as I said I would? Although this was only agreed by 1st credit until I submitted my I&E which I won't do now. I'm not sure where to go from here

Just been rooting around in my paperwork.

I took the card out in October 2006 - much longer than I thought.

My latest statement shows a repayment option plan of £6.95.

Does this change the CCA?

look in the library top left tab

cca 1st credit

sar to the oc vanquish

use postal orders

you can leave the £1 blank

p'haps put vanquish on the sar one

dont sign the letters

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Morning,

I'm just sorting my letters to send to Vanquis and 1st credit.

I've found the CCA template but can't seem to find a SAR one, I'm sure it's a case of not seeing it for looking but if someone could post me a link to it I'd be grateful.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?417-A-Subject-Access-Request-for

remember to edit depending on who you are sending to DCA or OC

Today I received two letters from 1st credit. One saying I owe money pay now - which they said last Thursday has already been sent out but letter is dated 11th November.

The second was is dated 12th November the day after I spoke to them.

It has a "Financial Statement" that I'm supposed to fill in with all supporting documents., I assume that I ignore all this?

I'm a bit concerned about ignoring it as on the phone I offered £30 a month which I was told was unacceptable but in the letter they have agreed to it on an interm basis until I send back form.

Would I be better off to continue to pay £30 a month until they provide me my CCA which I sent recorded delivery on Fri 12th or withhold payment?

I'm confuddled!:???:

Ignore their stupid text.

If they call again refuse to answer their security questions, tell then you are concered about identity theft, tell them in writing only and put the phone down.

Do this every time they ring, they will soon get cheesed off

Do not enter into any conversation with them on the phone

They phoned a second time at about 6pm, I wouldn't confirm who I was or gave any details, just asked them in future to communicate in writing only..........then I hung up which perversely was highly satsifying!