Apcoa " Parking Enforcement Notice "

Guest osaronikos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest osaronikos

I parked my car at Heathrow Airport T.3 in a disabled bay using my blue disabled badge. On my return, I found a purple colour envelop stuck on the windscreen containing a "Parking Enforcement Notice" demanding £90 or £45 if I pay within 21 days the reason been, according to the notice, " abuse of disabled bay ". I cannot understand the ..charge as I had parked within the designated space, lines etc and my badge showing up the right way.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Excellent! So my mate can ignore one he got at heathrow for touching the line of the trolley bay, the fine was for 2 bays! Apcoa.

Was just about to scan in but hopefully my question is answered...

Edited by Andy77799
to click send reply notification to email.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest osaronikos
Excellent! So my mate can ignore one he got at heathrow for touching the line of the trolley bay, the fine was for 2 bays! Apcoa.

Was just about to scan in but hopefully my question is answered...

And what about when I find a designated disabled bay is full of ...abandoned trolleys ?

Guest osaronikos

Sorry for the delay in thanking all for your support. You'll be glad to know I didn't hear from APCOA since the date of the....offence!!

Guest osaronikos
Sorry for the delay in thanking all for your support. You'll be glad to know I didn't hear from APCOA since the date of the....offence!!

Ooops! spoke too soon ? Today I received a letter from APCOA stating they obtained my address from DVLA (!) and that the charge for the original "offence" of 5/11/10 for £95 now stands @ £120. Failing non payment within 14 days thet threaten to pass the paperwork to debt collectors and court action. I am an old pensioner and I feel vulnerable especially since my disabled badge displayed at the time has been replaced with a new one. May I wish every member a Happy Easter.!!

Ooops! spoke too soon ? Today I received a letter from APCOA stating they obtained my address from DVLA (!) and that the charge for the original "offence" of 5/11/10 for £95 now stands @ £120. Failing non payment within 14 days thet threaten to pass the paperwork to debt collectors and court action. I am an old pensioner and I feel vulnerable especially since my disabled badge displayed at the time has been replaced with a new one. May I wish every member a Happy Easter.!!

Happy Easter!

Nothing to be scared of, see this similar C.A.G. thread; click on the links I gave the poster plus the Watchdog video (watch it!!):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?299968-APCOA-sent-me-to-the-debt-collectors.-Should-I-be-scared

If you look at each link I gave in a reply on that thread, you will see that you can look forward to threatograms arriving from toothless debt collectors, Roxburghe, then they use a letter-heading saying 'Graham White Solicitors; (but in fact it's still Roxburghe).

Ignore them completely, the letter-chain is well known and you should get a couple of 'Final Warnings' from Graham White then they give up. Do not contact them, do not get scared, do not give them any info at all over the coming months of rubbish letters.

If you really like a fight you could take THEM to Court for harassment under the Equality Act, as you did have a BB displayed so they should have known there was no 'abuse of disabled bay' and you were entitled to park there...compensation will come someone's way soon when a disabled person decides to take up that gauntlet against a PPC!

• 4 months later...
Guest osaronikos

I have now received a FINAL WARNING letter from Graham White Solicitors , acting on behalf of APCOA , for... £168 threatening court action if I do not pay up within 14 days ! They are asking who was the driver. Do I fob them off by giving them the name of one of my relatives in...Greece ? By the way, going back in time, when I rang APCOA on 5/11/2010. date of the 'offence', for clarification they wrongly claimed that my Blue Badge was not valid ! Unfortunately, this old Badge is not in my pocession any more as it was renewed in early December 2010. I am somehow apprehensive I could be dragged to a far from my residence Court in order to prove them wrong.

Hello there, or should I say kalispera :)? Sorry about the spelling, but I hope you know what I mean without the Greek alphabet.

General advice is to ignore, as any correspondence from you is seen as a chink in your armour and makes them think there's a chance of you paying up.

I expect the guys will be along later to advise you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Graham White send out thousands of these letters and have only ever issued a couple of court claims. Michael Sobell, the man behind the "firm" is under investigation by the Solicitor's Regulatory Authority for making threats of court action he has no intention of carrying out. What you have is a perfectly normal part of the letter chain and nothing to worry about. You may get a "Finally Final Notice" or even a "Finally Finally Final Notice", but you're coming towards the end of the sequence. In the extremely unlikely event that a court case did come of this, you could get it transferred to your local court - you're not going to be dragged back to Heathrow.

Guest osaronikos

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your supportive comments. It means such a lot to me.

I will keep the forum 'posted' . Bless you all. !!