HFO phones calls at work

Browsing210

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon Guys

I have just had an interesting call from "Kevin Jones" @ HFO again. These guys tried to speak to me after I had ignored their inital letter by contacting me at work. Now I have advised them that it is not allowed and is haressment etc. Have sent Statue Barred letter etc but still they call....

Any and all advise much appreciated as its well very embarassing to say the least...:|

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon Guys

I have just had an interesting call from "Kevin Jones" @ HFO again. These guys tried to speak to me after I had ignored their inital letter by contacting me at work. Now I have advised them that it is not allowed and is haressment etc. Have sent Statue Barred letter etc but still they call....

Any and all advise much appreciated as its well very embarassing to say the least...:|

A statute barred letter will not stop them from phoning you.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Broken Arrow - Barclaycard

Coledog - Well over 6yrs since last had any dealings with Barclaycard or anyone to do with them.

Have posted Harassment letter to them today with copy of last letter as they seem to be stupid and might not get the message to go away....

Only problem is that I really do not want them sending any paperwork which they indicated they were going to do to my employer or for them to keep contacting me at work......really need advise on how to ensure this doesnt happen!!!

If they are threatening to disclose any information to your employer, that is harassment and illegal, and contravenes the OFT guidance of debt colelction. You must complain about this. Get the harassment letter off asap, then contact the OFT and Trading Standards. The information Commissioner would also love to hear from you.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

And don’t talk to them! If you must, record the calls – could be useful evidence against them.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

The muppet on the phone was really quite nasty when I advised him that he was breaking OFT guidelines etc I would get more sense from a wall. He stated that it was not against any guidlelines and that he knew OFT & FSA rules :lol:. I reminded him that he would be breaking DPA if sent anything to employer.

Thing is I have no idea how they know where I work etc ... fortunately I work in the HR Dept so call was transferred to me when they asked as they did not ask for me by name the 2nd time they called just HR.

I complained to OFT & TS after the last round of calls .....

Guest Cartaphilus
Thing is I have no idea how they know where I work etc
Then you've been traced to your workplace, then. Despite what many may think, it's really quite easy to do, even with a few pieces of information. It also can rely on less technological means as well. For example, they didn't use computers decades ago, just manual means.

Guest Cartaphilus
The muppet on the phone was really quite nasty when I advised him that he was breaking OFT guidelines etc I would get more sense from a wall. He stated that it was not against any guidlelines and that he knew

Then the easiest thing to do is don't talk to the muppet on the phone; maybe they employ people with a lack of something ... And COMPLAIN as suggested. Again.

Guest Cartaphilus

Yes ... interesting how they all enmassed in the MC thread as well, same amount. Perhaps it's a sign of something. They are reading what we can all do to fight back perhaps? :)

Or maybe, even, coming here to learn something ... Like guidelines. How to treat people properly. No, I musn't prick their conscience too much must I.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Have just emailed OFT & TS for what good it will do... guess will just have to wait and see what happens thought they had gone away as all quiet on the western front for about 6 weeks now.....will try a few phone call suggestion that appear on other threads such as repeating what they say... leave them hanging on...:-)

Will let you all know how it goes..... to everyone else who appears to be on HFO speed dial today... hang in there!

Guest Cartaphilus
Will let you all know how it goes..... to everyone else who appears to be on HFO speed dial today... hang in there!
Not me. I don't have any numbers they can phone. :D Let us know how you get on. Edited by Cartaphilus

The usual 9 guests are back - HIYA!

and now 8, someone must have gone to make the coffee, milk no sugar for me Diane, don,t get it wrong like your witness statement:oops:

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Sounds statute barred to me... sorry Mr T... another one has slipped from your fishy fingers. You should stop playing around with Darth and concentrate on your day job (and I use "job" very loosely - racket sounds more appropriate) :lol:

VJ you have scared all the guests away...

Nah, BA, they’ve just logged off in SW19 and gone home.

That’s a shame... maybe they put 2 and 2 together and bottled it...

That’s a shame... maybe they put 2 and 2 together and bottled it...

I truly hoped that they referred to any case notes (which I told them to destroy in any event) and realise that I'm one of those who never lets things go and will actually take you to court should you make the stupid mistake of going ahead with action on spurious grounds...

Or this is a simple case of typical HFO ineptness?

Probably ineptness, VJ. After all, it’s taken them three years to find the bloody thing... what a way to run a business, eh?