Where to start??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just checked all 3 of my credit files and only show an old TMOBILE contact, and old RBOS acct in default and a RBOS M/C account with 5CR?

However my address details were about 5 years out of date.

when my address details are updated with each CRA can i expect to then see all the credit accounts I hold?

I have just returned to the country after being absent for 2 years caring for my late mum, i ignored all my credit accnts in the UK and now need to sort my mess out.

My debts:

Tmobile - inactive - can I have this account closed and removed? it was just a cancelled mobile contract no arrears reported just sitting there doing nothing

RBS current account - defaulted Aug 09 - balance at 790 but overdraft was 500, lots of this would have been due to charges

RBS mastercard - in credit £5 - showing as active but nothing, should I close this down?

Not showing on my file but expect to once addresses linked:

Capital One cc - £580 - most of this balance made up of charges, do not know if its defaulted but its been passed to a DCA not sure which one

Aqua cc - £2000 - same as above

HFC via Beneficial Finance - £500 - do not know if defaulted but its been passed to DCA not sure which one

My current account with CO-OP and my Orange contract are not showing up but I assume once addresses linked this will appear.

I have just registered on Electoral Roll.

Basically, I need to know where to start, should I SAR each of the credit companies above? I suspect about half of the debt is made up of bank/cc charges and perhaps PPI. I dont have any of the information for any of the old accounts just my current account and orange contract.

Once my file is on track again I will look at my partners, his is ok bar some funny business his exwife pulled after they first separated.

Going to get addicted to settling my debts and sorting my credit file. Its not an extortionate amount of debt and I am in a position to pay it all off in one hit I just need to know the best way to do it and perhaps if these debts are made up of charges getting any defaults wiped if possible.

Hi bump

I think you should SAR them, claim back the charges and PPI with contractual interest, all templates and spreadsheets are found in the Library. And proceed from there. You can see if they will accept a reduced Full and Final Settlement figure, start will a low figure (25%) and see how it goes from there. Read up on Full and Final settlement's before you make any offers, they are not straight forward.

Hi there, welcome to the forums. You're in safe hands!

If you would like to read up on the various options open to you when dealing with debts please take time to read through my blog entries, you can find links to these through my signature. If the debts are getting on a bit then like Rebel suggests get those SAR's off!

Best wishes,

Seq

thanks s

i am in a position where i am able to pay these all off with a lump sum, the actual ammoutn o/s is less than 5K but I want to only pay off the DEBT. i dont want to pay off any charges.

Should I SAR RBOS, CAP 1, and AQUA asking for all my info then go on from there?

If i havent paid anythimg on any of these accounts in over 2 years would i even be able to claim the charges back and just pay off the debt?

I would SAR them, they will send you copy statements for 6 years plus. Once you get the statements, put the charges in the advanced spreadsheets to work out the

contractual interest. Then send the claim letter with the spreadsheet. Send it recorded, make sure you keep copies for yourself. Set up a folder, a section for each creditor. Don't worry about not paying anything for to years. It's your money, you want it back with interest. Then you can negotiate settlements.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?559-Interest-Calculation-Spreadsheets.

thanks s

i am in a position where i am able to pay these all off with a lump sum, the actual ammoutn o/s is less than 5K but I want to only pay off the DEBT. i dont want to pay off any charges.

Should I SAR RBOS, CAP 1, and AQUA asking for all my info then go on from there?

If i havent paid anythimg on any of these accounts in over 2 years would i even be able to claim the charges back and just pay off the debt?