New to forums - Not new to debt!

ellusive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all.

I am looking for some advice.

I have roughly £10k of debt spread over 4 overdrafts 3 credit cards and 2 catalogues.

I lost track of all payments trying to keep them afloat and myself.

With constant hounding from debt collectors at all times of the day what should i do.

I have looked at IVA / Bankrupcy but i don't feel its that out of hand.

I have looked at debt management but they all want £500 + start fee (which if i had spare i wouldnt be in this situation) and don't offer to reduce it by much.

With 2 defaults and one CCJ im tyring to prevent the rest from getting that bad.

Whats my best line of action. Money is tight so im trying to solve it as cheaply as possible. Is there any laws or people i can see to help.

I have claimed back charges and PPC (which have credited the accounts) but i am worried its not too long till it gets very out of hand.

Hi ell

Welcome to CAG. you'll get a lot of support here.

1. don't pay any company for a DMP. You can get free advice and a DMP through CCS and National Debtline.

2. Prepare your own I&E as a self-awareness exercise.

3. you can do your own DMP with help from this site, but you need to research other people's experiences.

4. A starting point is to list the history of all alleged debts and then start challenging them.

This is just an initial response.

best wishes

vic

Sequenci............really good info............In the distant past I used CCCS Income & Expenditure form from their online site,you do not have to use CCCS although they can be helpful,DO NOT PAY ANYBODY for DMP as already indicated it is FREE..................good luck...................FS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I currently have 39k worth of debt 3 cards and two loans, this has been going on for 3 years and my original debt was 56k. I am fortunate that I have a reasonable job. I cannot give you legal advice but what I can say is acknowledge to yourself that the debt you have is yours and that you are going to deal with it as best you can, Don't worry I did for two years it's not worth it.

Write to your creditors and offer them what you can, use a debt advice web sites income and expenditure form and whatever you do do not leave yourself short with too much to pay as you will continue to struggle.

If you need advice on dealing with nuisance calls I can try and help.

Do not pay anyone to deal with your debt there are plenty of free services available.

Most of all keep your sanity its what will get you through this!